Chapter 20 : Memories

Only after this, I walk inside the bedroom.

Y/N is not here yet, so I unbutton my dress shirt and head towards the bathroom, to open the door without knowing on it as we're both used doing it. As soon as I open the door and perceive her in front of the sink cabinet, my heart breaks into pieces.

I close the door behind me but take my top off to throw it into the laundry basket and stand right behind her while she's removing her makeup, with her red puffy eyes out of which, tears are dripping. I hold all the sorrow inside of me and wrap my arms around her waist, to back hug her and press my lips on her ear. I don't even know what to say, that is the worst about this. I just feel like crying as well, but I cannot do it, I cannot allow me that in front of her.

I gaze at her into the mirror, my head above hers as I know that she's taking a lot of time to clean her eyes from all that black only to hide the fact that she's crying. I press a kiss on the crown of her head and tighten my clasp around her, but since I'm too much of a jerk losing my abilities and senses once I'm facing her in those kinds of situations, I decide to turn her around gently, and place my finger under her chin, to raise her head up and grab hold of the cotton pad she keeps on rubbing on her eyelids way too much.

"You're going to hurt yourself baby," my eyes meet her teary and red ones, a lump in my throat making it hard for me to swallow the bitter grief and anguish. "Let me take care of it," I put the dirty cotton pad away and take hold of the products that I use to remove my own makeup, with my headband. I delicately pass her head through the hollow of the item and pull her hair back, to clear her pretty face out and smile at her, no matter how hard it is.

I cup her face and press my lips on hers, "You're adorable," I peck the tip of her nose and seize the bottle of my beauty product to first wash my hands in the sink right behind her while hugging her and then finally spread some of the liquid into the crook of my palm, to rub it on her skin very carefully and remove all the toxic substances that she doesn't need to be gorgeous.

"Don't open your eyes, okay?" I speak softly to her while applying the product all over her face and cleaning it. "Hm..." she hums as an answer, her runny nose caused by her sobs provoking her to snivel every second. I make sure to do it softly and rub my finger over her skin to free it from the dirt created by the makeup I hate to see on her since its conceal what makes her even more beautiful.

Once it's done, I turn her around and pass my hand under the waterfall faucet to get the water, and I kindly make her bend over with me to clean her face and remove everything entirely, before straightening up and grabbing hold of a towel to dry her face with it, in a soft manner by only applying little pressures.

"Ahh..." I smile at her and pull the fabric down. "Here is my pretty baby," I press my lips on her cheek, trying to get her to smile. A faint curve of her lips appear and she gazes down, to remove the headband and take her night cream, to apply it on her smooth skin.

"While you're doing this I'm going to take care of my tattoos," I place my hand on the side of her head and plant a kiss on her temple, to hang the towel back on its spot and step aside, to face the other sink basin place just next to the one she used and on the same flat surface. I gently start to remove the first bandage that was covering the tattoo on my collarbone, then the one on my neck, wrist, and fingers.

I always take a peek at Y/N, to check if she's not crying but this seems to be a bit alright now, I should just keep on talking, even if it's only to at stupid things, I need to talk and make her forget this night.

"Does it hurt...?" she speaks in a nosy voice, putting her night cream back on its place and gazing at me with her puffy eyes. "Hurt? No...I'm too strong from that," I shake my head, lying and pretending to be tough when this thing is aching. "When he tattooed me this just felt like Kiran tickling me with his baby fingers."