5.4 - Influence - Tour

Niall's POV

'By the way!!' I gasp loudly as we walk back to the sitting room.

'Yeah?'

'I have something you might wanna watch.'

'What is it?'

'Some tour footage.'

'What?' She shouts loudly in a very high-pitch that makes me laugh. She clears her throat and continues on a normal tone, 'I mean... How come no one knows about it?'

'We filmed a lot, in case we end up doing a tour documentary or like a concert movie. But the project was scrapped.'

'What! Why?'

'I didn't think it was interesting enough. And we already streamed an entire concert so that's already out there. Didn't think the backstage things were interesting enough.'

She rolls her eyes and shakes her head but then she looks at me with sparkling excited eyes and hold my arm by the wrist using both hands, 'Can we watch it now pleaseeeee??'

'Of course! But hey, please don't tell anyone about it. I hate to ask you to hide stuff from your best friends. But I don't want the information to get out.'

'Yes, of course! But if I find something interesting enough, can I put it in the book? I mean we were gonna be talking about tour anyway.'

'Yeah, sure.'

I go get the USB and plug it in the TV screen, then start playing. I get some beers and some snacks from the kitchen, and come back and sit next to her.

'Remember, those are unedited. So it's gonna be weird. And it's like 4 hours worth of footage feel free to skip over anything. Cause you're gonna be bored.'

'Can you stop undermining yourself! I'm sure I'm gonna enjoy it.'

I turn my focus on telly as she does the same. I guess we both needed that moment of vulnerability and honesty. I felt like after I lied to her telling her I don't have feelings for her, she needed to cry but wasn't letting herself do that, and she chose the movie as an excuse. But now that all of that is done. She's feeling better, she's even smiling and the glow in her eyes is back. Granted it only came back after I mentioned the tour videos, but that's still something. I guess I got what I wanted. She's still here in my life but as friends. I guess that means she's safe now and that I won't hurt her any more than I already did. Then why am I not satisfied. What else should I be doing to shut that tiny voice in the back of my head saying I made a mistake.

Chloe's POV

'It's a very strict routine you got going on while on tour.'

'It is. I told you it's boring.'

'No, that's not what I meant. I'm just wondering, from your point of view, if it's a good thing or not. Routine drives some people crazy, but others might find it comforting.'

'Oh, yeah I like the routine. I'm a very organised person if you can't tell already. So to have a specific pace of the day, a packed schedule. It helps because I get bored easily if I'm just sitting around and not have anything planned out. That's one of the things I like about going on tour. I'm always busy, I always have something to do. When we stop in a city, for example, there's soundcheck to do or the actual show on stage, or going to the gym. There's always a lot to do.'

'Yeah, but at the same time, you still know how to keep it fun. It's not just about work.'

'Yes, of course! It helps that we're all good friends, always having a laugh. Even when working. Well, a show is a show you can't mess with that, but during the soundcheck or even when we're just hanging out in the tour bus or anywhere and jamming, we know how to have fun.'