09

This chapter is kinda a filler, but it has some stuff that helps the story move to the next part.

Let me know what you think of it! Hope you're enjoying the story so far :))

Of all of the members within the Hive, Beverly Marsh was the only one who hadn't been born into the organization. In fact, she didn't join until she was nine.

Beverly had met Eddie Kaspbrack at the park where she had ran to escape her abusive father, whereas Eddie was seeing what the world was like out of Hive headquarters. They instantly connected, like they were long lost siblings who were reuniting after years.

Beverly opened up to Eddie, who sat and listened to her story about how she was beaten and abused by her father. Eddie didn't tell anything about himself, because even at nine years old, he knew that it was against the rules to tell anyone about himself, who he worked for, and where he lived.

That didn't stop Eddie from telling his father about his new friend and her horrible story. As a high ranking member of the Hive, Frank investigated the life of Beverly Marsh and made the decision to help her and adopt her into the Hive.

From that point forward, Beverly became a Hive member and Eddie found his first friend and the first person he would ever trust.

Beverly thought about how kind Eddie was to her and how he saved her almost every day. It crossed her mind once again as she sat on her bed after Eddie had vanished with Richie to lock him up. Eddie was truly one in a million. He was kind, generous, and didn't want anyone who didn't deserve it to get hurt.

A knock at her door pulled Beverly out of her daze.

"Come in," Bev said lazily, laying back on her bed.

Ben and Bill walked in and she smiled, moving so they could sit next to her.

"Hey guys. What're you doing here?" Bev asked with a smile. She had wanted the two to go with her and the others on their mission, but Bill and Ben worked better with the tech within the Hive.

"We were wondering what happened. Bill's parents didn't tell us anything," Ben said, sitting next to Bev.

Both Bill and Ben didn't know what was going on, and they were extremely confused. The boy that they had met, Richie, seemed like a good person and definitely smart enough to be part of the Hive. They didn't understand why they had been able to meet him, then suddenly he was dragged away and quarantined.

Bev quickly retold the story, up until Eddie took Richie to lock up. She didn't know anything of what had happened when Eddie had to meet with the superiors, but she was eager to learn.

"W-wait. S-stan wanted t-to kill R-Richie?" Bill asked, looking horrified when Bev concluded telling them the story of their failed mission.

"Yep. I think he was just afraid because he likes to think he's good at everything he does. Not his best moment," Bev said with a smile.

"That's not the issue right now. The issue is we haven't been told anything about Eddie's meeting with the superiors and we don't even really know what's going on right now. Our knowledge is limited," Ben said.

Bev nodded in agreement. "I think we need to pay Eddie a visit. He knows more than us right now."

Bill and Ben exchanged uncomfortable glances.

"He looked really upset, Bev. Is he going to want to talk to us?" Ben asked. Eddie was usually nice and wasn't unreasonable, but he did have a temper. The last thing they wanted to do was piss him off.