1

"Hey Jen!" Lisa tried her best to sound cheerful, she held the phone close to her ear and crossed her legs.

"Hey Lili. What's wrong?" Jennie's voice sounded worried, she could read her friend like an open book, even when she doesn't really see her. Her tone alone said it all.

"What do you mean? I'm fine!" Lisa chuckled.

"Woah that was so fake!" Jennie teased, "Come on, tell me hun."

Lisa sighed,"Why do you have to know me so well?"

"We've known each other since elementary school Lili!"

"Yeah right." Lisa clicked her tongue and smiled.

"What do you need?"

"Oh my God, can't a girl talk to her best friend?"

"We spent the whole weekend together, and I'm pretty sure you're at work right now." Jennie reasoned, "What is it?"

"It's about Jungkook."

"Of course it is." Jennie chuckled, "What did he do this time?"

"Can you be serious for once Jen?" Lisa said, exasperated.

"Okay, I'm all ears." Jennie said as she threw her heels across the room and leaned on the chair of her office.

"Has he called you during his business trip?"

"Nope, he didn't."

"See? He's been weird!"

"Because he didn't call me?" Jennie cocked a brow, not that the girl could see her.

"Yes! Has he ever gone out of contact for that long?"

"Now that I think about it.. you're right! But I can't blame him, he must have been busy."

"Jennie, he didn't speak to me either, and now he's in his office and he gave his secretary orders not to let me in!"

"That's bad, but hey maybe he has a reason? Communication is key so try and talk to him about it later. That's better than me interfering." Jennie said and Lisa hummed, she indeed called her to ask if she knows anything, and to talk to him.

"But do me a favor Lis, don't jump to conclusions and if things don't go well back off, he's been so stressed with work lately, please don't mind him." Jennie said softly, worried about her childhood friend. It was as Lisa said, he never went a whole week without calling her and she worried too but she wouldn't make it worse for them.

"Okay Jen, don't worry. See you!" Lisa sighed and hung up.

Jungkook loosened his tie and leaned back on his chair when he heard the door close, the guest is finally gone.

He was tired. He closed his eyes for a moment but he quickly opened them when he heard his phone vibrate. He held the phone and a message popped up on his screen.

Jennie: Don't mess up.

He was ready to ask what she meant when someone knocked on the door. He was going to tell them off but he heard a feminine voice talk.

"Can I come in?" Lisa asked softly, nervously standing behind the door.

A smile creeped up on his face as he said "Sure".