CHAPTER FOURTEEN

"So what do I get since I figured it out?" Danny asked as she tossed her jacket onto the chair

                    "So what do I get since I figured it out?" Danny asked as she tossed her jacket onto the chair. Sam grinned at the brunette as she plopped down into the chair, spinning to face the two boys. "A beer? Burger? The bed tonight?" Dean scoffed as she twirled the chair. "Don't act like we make you sleep on the floor. I did that last night." She rolled her eyes at Dean's tone as he walked toward the small refrigerator. "What's up your butt? Isn't this, like, an easy fix?" Sam crashed onto one of the twin beds, stretching his limbs outward. She still couldn't believe he was that tall. "Yeah, I guess," he replied.

          "Then what's got you all mad?" She stopped spinning the chair to stare at Dean. He had withdrawn a bottle of beer from the fridge, popping open the cap. His hands had to be calloused. There was no way she could open one just with her hands. She'd end up whining for days about how it hurt. "I guess the fact that it is an easy fix?" Sam sat up from the bed, scratching his head behind his ear. "Do I need to leave?" he asked. "No." — "Yes." Danny and Dean stared at one another, Sam's eyes slowly widening. "Right, okay. I'm going to go check the weather—" He quickly got up from his seat on the bed and bee-lined it toward the door. "Why are you— he left."

Usually it was Danielle not wanting to be alone with Dean. She didn't want to sit there, thinking about how attractive he truly is. She didn't want to sit there and have to think about the trials they would go through, the baby she's meant to carry. Now, it was Dean who didn't want to be stuck in that motel room with the woman he found himself dreaming of at night. He stood there, his eyes resting on her frame curled into the swivel chair he had occupied earlier that day. The height difference alone made him crack a smile. "What's really got you upset?" she asked him, crossing her arms over her chest. He took a large gulp of his drink, knowing he shouldn't. He shouldn't drink before a case. He knew that. "You," he replied confidently.

Her eyes widened in surprise. He leaned against the small kitchen sink, his ankles crossed. His hands held onto the counter edge. She drank in the tightness of his biceps, and the way his shirt only barely exposed his taught stomach muscles. "M–Me?" she asked, pointing back at herself with her index finger. He slowly nodded. "I'm not used to having a woman around. It's always been me and Sammy. Now, with you here..." His tongue darted across his bottom lip before he dug his teeth into the flesh. "You make things difficult. You give me these looks, batting your eyes. And it makes me feel things. Because you're beautiful, and hot, and... incredibly sexy." A warmth began to grow within her stomach as his whole demeanor changed. He was tense.

"That's what's got me in a pissy mood. Because I want to kiss you and touch you, but I can't. Because then I'll ruin everything." She stood from the seat, her knees wobbly beneath her. She hadn't even noticed the sweat that had collected on her brow. "You're right." His brows puckered as she wrung out her fingers. "You'd ruin everything."

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓