Chapter 41 - The Revival

A/N - Okay since Endgame hasn't been released yet (at least in Canada it hasn't), these next few chapters are going to be a little rough since they will be written off of memory and grainy youtube videos. Nevertheless, I will still try to deliver the best story possible!

Happy Reading!

|LeeandSara11|

My eyes open and I'm instantly blinded by the light that surrounds me. Familiar sounds begin to rush in as I slowly sit up from the dusty ground. I'm back in Wakanda as all the armies that once faded to dust come back to life, including T'Challa, Barnes, and Wanda. 

"What...what happened?" I whisper as I stand. 

"They must have found a way to bring us back," T'Challa says. 

"What's the date?" I question. T'Challa looks down at a small panel in his armour and his eyes widen.

"April 26th...2023."

Five years. Five years we've been asleep and only now we have been awakened. It only felt like five minutes in the quantum realm. I guess I could count myself as lucky. 

"Erin..." I hear Wanda says from behind me, so I turn around. "Your eyes. They aren't fading back to your natural eye colour."

"It's probably just another manifestation of my powers. While you guys were asleep, I was somewhere different." I reply.

Wanda goes to ask a question, but before she could ask, Shuri runs down in her armour and look at a specific spot on the ground.

"Shuri? What are you doing?"

"Just watch," Shuri says with a smirk.

As I turn back my attention back to where she looks, I see one of Strange's portals form right in front of us. Looking through it, I see a vast army with Thanos at the helm. And then there is Steve standing all alone, but ready to fight. Sam flies through the portal from above us safe and sound, so I know it's time for T'Challa, Shuri and I to do the same. 

Together, all three of us walk through the portal to see the battlefield that lays before us. Hundreds of other portals surround us as many more walk through them. On my left, a girl with dark hair walks through and stares straight into my soul as lightning surrounds her arms like gauntlets. Looking to my right, I see Peter swing in from one. A sense of relief overwhelms me now that I know he's okay. But looking ahead of me, my anger grows as I see Thanos and his army ready for war. 

Looking down at a beaten Cap, I walk to his side and simply nod. He nods in return as more and more people crowd around us, our own army starting to build. Dad lands beside us and immediately wraps his arms around me. I quickly embrace him, and as his helmet comes off, I feel a wetness on my shoulder from his tears. 

"I missed you," I whisper as I cry my own self.

"I missed you more," he whispers back. I pull away slowly and sniffle a little.

"Not possible," I say with a smirk and he tearfully smirks back.

"So much has happened," he says.

"I know. And after all this, I want a proper meeting with my sister." I say.

"What? How-"

"I'll explain later. Let's just focus on winning now." I reply while my mask appears on my face. 

Looking back at the battlefield and holding out my hands, I grab onto and pull myself into the air so that I now fly above everyone else. My hands glow an intense purple, and I feel my power flow through my veins. Soon, thousands congregate behind us, all of them ready for the final battle.

"Avengers!" Steve calls out while holding his hand outwards. Mjilnor comes flying by and lands right in his hand and my eyes widen. But I turn back to Thanos as he says:

"Assemble."