45| The Big Ol' L-Word

TODAY was December 20th, only 5 days until Christmas

TODAY was December 20th, only 5 days until Christmas. And I couldn't have been more excited about all of the Christmas decorations that were popping up. Since my parents were still gone, I took the job of decorating the house in lights. Logan had come over to watch me one day (making sure I didn't fall off the roof) as I set up lights all over the house. She, Amelia, and I even decorated our Christmas tree. Amelia loved having Logan around.

Logan's parents had returned from their 3-day trip and apparently didn't want Logan to be around. So they made her stay with the Grigio's. To say that Logan was going insane would be putting it lightly. She had even gotten me invited to their family dinner one night, just so it would be a bit more bearable:

Mrs. Grigio had brought out a bottle of wine and cracked it open. Surprisingly, she let everyone have some.

"Wine is the best," Mrs. Grigio said.

"I bet that's how you named Pinot," I had said, earning a confused look.

"Huh?"

"Pinot Grigio," I said. "You know, the wine?"

"Never had it," Mrs. Grigio said.

"IT IS PRONOUNCED PEA-NOT. NOT PINOT! Fricken idiot..." Pinot exclaimed from across the table.

It had been a very interesting dinner.

Thankfully, tonight was the Christmas festival in downtown Columbus. Which gave Logan a perfect excuse to leave the house for the night and spend some time with me. She had practically been texting me all day about getting out of the Grigio household. She truly was going insane.

I was picking her up in an hour and Clay was over at my house. He had been hanging out all day at my house. Mostly because he wanted to swim. But when I told him about the fact that Logan and I were going to the festival together, he nearly died. Being the romantic he is, he insisted on being there right before I left.

"What are you gonna wear?" He asked. "What will Logan die to see you in?"

I shrugged. "I don't really know."

"Well, what's her favorite aspect of you?"

"How would I know?" I asked.

Porkchop groaned. "Ugh, Noah, these are things you just know!" He exclaimed. "Okay. From my knowledge of Logan, she must be a torso girl. And she's definitely a hair girl. I can tell."

"What is a torso girl?"

"Don't act like you don't know!"

"But I--"

Porkchop held up his hand and I stopped trying to talk. He stood up and made his way into my closet, grabbing a black button-up shirt and throwing it at me. "She is a torso girl," he said. "So you will wear this. You must leave two buttons undone. She will die."