Twelve: "Never."

**Trigger warning. This chapter is going to be intense and a little bloody. Read with caution. Recommended at 13+

Percy P.O.V:

As Not-Quite-Nico thrust out his hands, I braced myself, ready to be shadow-traveled. However, the Kiddies were not prepared for the terrifying and stomach-lurching ride that was long-distance shadow travel. In other words, they passed out.

We landed on a hard, stone floor. I looked around to see a dungeon of sorts. The place was a mismatched mess. The room itself was a good size, kind of like a basement. Okay, bad analogy. It appeared to be built out of stone. Here's where it gets weird: there were no windows, (which is to be expected) but the door was a thick metal slab with a heavy deadbolt. It was the kind of door you would see in a stereotypical maximum security prison. Along the wall across from the door, there was a smooth metal table with a very lovely arrangement of torture devices, from whips and knives to what looked like a shock-therapy machine. Like I said; very lovely.

The Kiddies were crumpled in a pile across from me, all of them unconscious. I rushed forward but was grabbed by Not-Quite-Nico. Several other monsters came in through the door and proceeded to chain each of the Kiddies along the wall in a sitting position with their hands hanging above their heads, their feet clamped to the floor.

"No! Let them go! It's me! IT'S ME YOU WANT! THEY'RE JUST CHILDREN!" I screamed as the monsters began to take any weapons they had off of them, though there weren't many considering they were all in their civies.

NQN began to drag me towards the wall across from them. He chained me up in the middle of the room in an X position, a chain branching from each of my limbs. Not all that comfy, let me tell you. He then clipped a collar around my neck and pressed a button, sending a light hum into the room. The monsters placed similar collars on the Kiddies.

"Now," NQN stated, "these are what the mortals like to call inhibitor collars. With this on, your powers are useless, so don't even try. Also, if you move around, they'll send you a very nasty shock, so I advise against it." A grin played across his features.

"Now, Perseus, I'm sure you know that you're going to die here, no matter what. But, if you cooperate, you just might be able to save the children and earn yourself a quick, painless death." So that's how it's going to be? Rude.

"Now, Perseus, I simply need you to answer a question for me. What is the code to the Olympian Vault?" Oh, schist. Allow me to explain: When Annabeth had redesigned Olympus, she had created a vault that was strong enough to hold all of the gods' weapons and treasurers. Each god had 12 digit code that opened their section of the vault, so only they could access their possessions but not anyone else's. However, Annabeth being Annabeth, created a master code that would open all sections of the vault simultaneously, giving the opener access to every weapon of every god. So, basically, letting these guys know the master code would be a very, very, bad idea.

So why kidnap me, you ask? Well, I was the only one that knew the master code. It had been Annabeth and me, but...well, you know what happened. I couldn't let them get the code under any circumstances. It would mean the end of the word.

"I don't know what you're talking about," I replied, playing dumb. NQN shook his head an sighed.

"So we're going to play that game. Fine." NQN reached over to the table. After a moment of debate, he picked up a long knife that was dripping with a thin coat of liquid. Poison. He cut off my sweatshirt and tank top, leaving me in my sports bra.

"What's the code?" He asked me, his breath running over my ear.

"Never." I braced myself just as the knife was slashed across my back.

Kid Flash P.O.V:

I woke up groaning. My body felt stiff and I had a killer headache, not to mention the fact that I was starving. I missed breakfast! I heard a slight moan beside me and I looked over to my left see M'gahn. She was chained up! Oh my god, I was chained up! I looked to my side's only to find my entire team sitting on the ground feet chained out in front of them, hands above their heads. From left to right, it was Superboy, M'gahn, me, Robin, Artemis, and Kaldur. We were all spaced about 3 ft apart. All in all, it wasn't looking good.

As I tried to piece what had happened together in my head, I heard a slight yelp come from my right. I looked over to see Artemis, her eyes wide a hand over her mouth.

"What? What is it?" I asked her in a thick whisper. She didn't move. Her yelp had awoken the rest of the Team.

"Oh my god..." I heard Robin breath out beside me. I looked front and gagged. Spread in front of us was Percy. Her head had fallen forward, her hair dangling in her face. She still had on her pants but the top half of her body was only covered in a slight cut-up sports bra.

The first thing I noticed was the blood. There was so much blood. She had rivers of it running down her arms and dripping off her fingers. Her torso was completely painted red. A small pool of it had formed below her. I looked to my left, tearing my eyes away from my mangled mentor. M'gahn was pale, her eyes wide. The whole team was in shock.

The heavy metal door that seemed to be the only way in or out of this room opened, revealing the creepy kid who kidnapped us. His eyes landed on us and a sickening smile crossed his lips.

"Oh, good. You're awake." He walked over to Percy and gave her a hard punch in the face. All of us shouted in protest, leaning forward as much as we could, only to receive a painful jolt of electricity. Inhibitor collars. Great.

"Wake up!" The boy shouted and he hit Percy again. We had to hold ourselves back from moving. Another shock like the previous and we would probably pass out again.

Percy's eyes fluttered open and she held her head up. She saw that we were awake and shook in her chains.

"No, leave them alone!" She yelled, receiving a shock that appeared to be much stronger than the one we had been given. She didn't even flinch.

"Tell me the code and I will." The boy answered her. Percy snarled. Never in my life had I seen someone look so terrifying. The boy backed up a bit but resumed his position quickly. He sighed. He walked over to a table set up along the wall. From where I was sitting, I couldn't see what was on it. However, when he walked away from it with a long, barbed whip, I could make a pretty good guess.

"No! Leave her alone!" Connor shouted. He received a shock and cried out in pain. Percy lunged and she too was met with a shock. She winced slightly, but other than that, seemed unaffected. How was that possible?

"Give. Me. The. Code." The boy growled.

"Oh sit on it and spin, assclown." Percy snapped. I couldn't help but raise an eyebrow. I hadn't pegged Percy for such a smart ass, especially when being threatened with a whip. The boy didn't seem to like her response so he lashed her across the back. M'gahn screamed.

"Code." The boy barked at her while administering another sharp lash to her back. Blood began to flow from her back onto the floor.

"BITE ME!" She yelled, her voice shaking the room. Three lashes.

"Code."

"Fuck you!" 5 lashes this time. On the sixth, Percy let out a small yelp. She looked ready to pass out, having lost so much blood. Artemis fought her chains only to receive another shock. She screamed and slumped forward.

"Let them go!" Percy yelled, shaking in her chains. "If you want the code so bad why don't you just come in my head and get it!" The boy glared at her.

"For one, I'm not stupid enough to try and sort my way through your head. And don't you remember Piper McLean? All the work she did to keep me out of your head?" Percy's eyes widened.

"You. You're the one. I ALMOST KILLED HIM BECAUSE OF YOU!" Percy screamed, raging against her chains. A long, crackling shock was sent through her. The air seemed to hum with electricity, her blood sizzling on her skin from the energy. She cried out, slumping forward slightly, her breath turning ragged. She seemed to have lost all of her fight. The boy laughed.

"Yes, Perseus. I'm the one. I've been in your head. I know how you think. Tell me, what happens when I do this?"