THREE : BRUNCH

"Come on, grab your brother's hand" Azure told Fate as she struggled to retrieve all of the kids belongings for their day at her mom's

It was Sunday afternoon, and since Armani failed to make it to turn up the night before, Azure promised to make time so the two could hang out during the sunny day. She made a reservation at their favorite brunch spot, Melody's, and would be meeting her there in a few.

Fate did as her mom told her, and the small children walked in front of her as they sauntered up the walk way towards their grandmother's.

Azure cradled Amai's car seat in her left arm, as she used her right hand to knock on the door. Cyan and Fate mimicked her, banging their tiny hands against the chestnut wood.

"Are those little hands I hear? Huh? Is it?" Lacey baby talked as she opened the door to reveal her daughter and grandkids.

She kneeled down to deliver kisses, and Azure let out a frustrated breath.

"This car seat is heavy, so please" she said ushering her mom out of the way, "You can cover them with kisses when I'm gone"

"Oh hush" Lacey playfully flagged her daughter as she opened her door wider.

Azure and the kids crowded in, and she didn't hesitate to plop on the couch and began to unfasten Amai from her seat.

"How is she? Still gassy?" Lacey asked, taking a seat as well.

"No, we just changed her formula. So we're rotating between that and the breast milk" Azure shrugged.

"That's good to hear, now hopefully she won't be as fussy"

Azure gave her mother a knowing look, "This is Nico's child...she's going to be fussy"

Lacey laughed, as she knew that was the truth. Even as an adult Nico was difficult to deal with, to his hot headiness he swore he didn't have, to his stubbornness he never grew out of.

After getting Amai settled, Azure dug into the kid's bags and began to lay out their snacks. Even though they ate breakfast, lunch time was passing and she knew they'd want something to eat soon.

"Where is his crazy ass anyway? That gym that he might as well live at?"

"No, it's closed on Sunday's ma" Azure chuckled, "He's at Muh's"

"Mhhh, that nigga" Lacey slit her eyes and Azure already knew what was coming.

"I still cannot believe he actually got with that wench, every time I think about it I just get upset all over again" Lacey fussed, her nose turned up at the idea of Muh and Jocelyn together.

"I bet Sabrina is turning over in her grave" Azure and Lacey said simultaneously as Azure predicted what her mother was going to say.

Lacey rolled her eyes at her daughter and Azure giggled.