24~ Tasty in Busan

The sound of a door slamming shut jolted me awake.

Morning light streamed from the window onto the bed I was in.

I slowly sat up, yawning and rubbing my eyes.

"You awake now?"

I looked up blearily to see Jungkook leaning in the doorway of the hotel bedroom. He was now dressed in ripped jeans and black T-shirt with a denim jacket to complete the look.

"Why am I in the bed?" I looked around me, slowly regaining proper function of the mind.

"You don't remember last night?" he frowned, cocking his head to the side a little.

My face reddened slightly as memories began to wash over me.

"Yeah, I cried a bunch and screamed a lot, so sorry about that," I mumbled in embarrassment.

"You actually passed out in my arms," a little grin tugged at the edge of Jungkook's mouth. "Hence why I put you in the bed. I wasn't going to try and shove you back into the lamp or something like that."

"Thank you for your consideration," I began before something hit me. "Did we sleep together in the same bed last night??" I demanded.

"What? Was I supposed to sleep on the cold couch last night?" he retorted.

Just the imagination of Jungkook and I in the same bed, good gravy I didn't know how I felt about that. Then the memory of my nightmare came back to me. The stranger. Whispering things between kisses.

I cringed and squeezed my eyes shut, sucking in a deep breath in efforts to block out the disgusting dream. I'd much rather sleep in a bed with Jungkook than the man from my nightmare.

"It's still bothering you?" A softer tone filled Jungkook's voice. "The dream from last night?"

I forced myself to smooth out my features and stood up, running my hand through my hair in efforts to appear as casual as possible. "Yeah but I'm fine now. I'm a tough cookie."

He smirked a little, but a grave seriousness lingered in his eyes. "You don't always have to play the tough cookie you know. Especially around me since I've seen you be a soft cookie."

"Just last night though," I tried to dismiss his words.

"And on the plane," he added with a grin.

"Hey, Agent Seagull, we agreed never to bring that up again," I pointed a finger at him.

"Not with others, but between us I can if I want to," he declared with haughty air.

"Moving on." I cleared my throat. "What's the latest update on our travels and destination?"

"Well, I was in communication with Namjoon and Yoongi this morning and they ordered me to take the car into the shop," Jungkook explained. "So that's going to take all day. Thus, we're basically stuck here for another night. I'm hoping the car will be finished first thing tomorrow and then we can blast in the morning."

"How far away are we from the hideout?"

"About two days, however," Jungkook straightened the collar of his denim jacket. "I think we can cut it to about a day if we drive nonstop at about 100 MPH."

"Oh no no no," I mockingly laughed. "We are so not going to be zipping around like that."

"It's not going to be a car chase, relax," Jungkook sniffed. "I thought by now you'd trust my driving skills."

"A llama would drive better than you do," I scoffed. "My very lamp would drive better than you and it's not even an animate object."

"My heart," Jungkook clutched his chest dramatically. "Such little trust between partner Agents."