Wattpad Original
There is 1 more free part

Chapter 4

Brynn
• • •

Brooks and I go over to Ryan's apartment to hang out for a little while. When she opens the door there's a blob of royal blue paint right between her eyes.

"What are you doing?" I ask with a laugh, smearing the blob down her nose with the tip of my finger. I pull my hand back to show her the blue paint there and arch an eyebrow at her.

She shrugs and motions for us to come inside. "My mom used to paint all the time so the smell of the acrylic paint helps me feel close to her on the harder days."

There's a small metal easel holding a partially painted canvas on top of her island, covered in smears of blue and green. I place Brooks on the floor by the basket of toys Ryan keeps for him near her loveseat and the first thing he grabs is a car.

Ryan rips a paper towel from the roll sitting on the counter and wipes the paint off her face with a huff. "But I'm honestly not that good at it."

I eye the painting that hangs on the wall above her bed with its phallic shaped trees and glance back at her partially blue and green canvas. " No, Seth is the one that isn't good at it." I snort.

She rolls her eyes. "I like his dick shaped trees."

"You mean you like his dick." I wiggle my eyebrows at her suggestively. 

She smirks but changes the subject. "What are your plans for today? I don't have any classes but Seth does so I'm feeling lonely."

"I have an engagement session in an hour but nothing other than that." I reply, giving a shrug.

"Does that mean I get to keep Brooks?" She asks with a smile.

I laugh lightly. "If you want to. I was just gonna take him with me."

"No, let me keep him." She pleads.

"Of course you can keep him."

The session would be easier to do without him there, as much as I hate to admit it. I prefer taking him with me, I don't like leaving him.

"You should just let me keep him for the day. Seth has class until three and then he has to help Sawyer with something afterward. You could go have some more me time after your session, you deserve it."

"Are you sure?" I can't help but ask, I know Brooks can be a handful.

She nods eagerly. "Yes, I'm sure."

"Okay." I agree.

I'm not sure what I'll do after the session but I guess I'll figure it out when the time comes.

Fifteen minutes later I leave Brooks with Ryan and make the drive to the location where the engagement session will be. I get everything set up and my clients arrive right on time. They're a sweet couple, you can see the love in their eyes as they look at one another. It's going to make the pictures turn out even better than I expected.

Once I'm satisfied with the amount of pictures I've taken of them I pack up my gear and head back into the city. I make a pit stop at the coffee shop near campus and splurge on a large iced coffee and a chocolate chip bagel. I take a seat at an empty table, feeling weird that Brooks isn't with me.