Sports Festival (Bakugou x ftm!reader)

My Hero Academia
You all asked and I will deliver

It wasn't easy getting this far in the sports festival. Even with my shapeshifting quirk, it was difficult to go against the other students, who had spectacular quirks as well.
Now, we were on the one-on-one fights and I was getting nervous. I was only able to get through the last challenge because someone became clumsy and anxious. It was pure luck that I made it.
I paid special attention when they were assigning who was going to fight who. Everyone seemed to have been put into a fair match. I began to fidget waiting for my name until they announced the last of the first rounds of matches.
"Bakugou Katsuki against L/n Y/n!" Mic yelled from his place in the stadium.
My stomach dropped and my eyes widened. I could feel people staring at me.
Bakugou was my opponent.
Someone who I had grown to be friends with, or at least in my eyes; someone who was much stronger than me, would be the person I fought against in the next hour or so.
I glanced over at him. He was already staring at me. His spiky hair waved as the wind blew and his red ruby eyes were burning into mine. He was planning the match in his head, trying to figure out the best approach.
I was the one to look away first. How on earth would I be able to win against him? I could only shapeshift into animal's, so I'd have to be smart.
I began to go through all the animal species in my head that would give me an advantage.
Armadillos had a tough shell, which would help with his attacks, but a Hawk could give me the advantage of the air.
Matches continued as I thought. It was difficult to go back and forth between animals, so the most I could switch is two. The bigger the animal though the more painful it was to shift back, so I have to go small but powerful.
It felt like only a few minutes ago, we were assigned opponents, so I was surprised when Bakugou growled as he passed me that it was our turn next. I nodded and followed him down.
The match was quick. I decided on shifting into a bird and a tiger. It wasn't long though, before Bakugou blasted me out of bounds.
I growled as Bakugou smirked at me. Still in my tiger form, I stalked my way back into the arena, not wanting to go through the pain of going back to a human at that exact moment.
As I paced the hallway as a tiger, I cursed to myself. I was sure I'd at least last longer than what I had. I wasn't even able to show much of my quirk, so I was defiantly not on any hero agency's watch list.
I was snapped out of my thoughts as I noticed someone watching me. As a tiger, the only reason I immediately recognized him was because of the orange of his suit.
I backed against the wall and stared at him. Glaring at the teen as he glared back. I shifted back, letting out a yelp of pain. I sat frozen, curled into a ball for a few seconds, letting the pain of my shifting bones and muscles fade away.
When I looked back up, Bakugou was walking towards me. I narrowed my eyes and stood up, even though my body was not ready for me to move yet. I leaned against the wall to keep myself from tumbling back down. "If you came here to brag about your win, leave. I don't want to hear it." I hissed, my eyes closed in pain.
Bakugou was right next to me when I opened my eyes again, blocking a quick get away. "I came here to make sure you were okay. All Might said you came this way and never went to the healing lady." He stated, reaching his hand out and touched my side, where he had landed the hit that caused me to go out of bounds. I flinched in pain as his fingers grazed over it. I glanced down, a large amount of blood and bruises covered the spot. I hadn't even noticed I was injured.
Sighing, I stood up straight. "I guess I didn't realize it was this bad." I lied. Bakugou growled and wrapped his arms around me, helping me to the helaing lady's office.
"Why am I not surprised?" He mumbled. "You were always a dumbass."
I shot him a look. "If all you're going to do is be an asshole, than leave me the fuck alone." I hissed.
He was silent the rest of the walk.

The healing lady helped me quickly and I was all better within a few minutes. I walked out of the office and to my surprise, Bakugou was leaning up against the wall. His eyes pierced into mine.
"Better?" He asked. I nodded and began to walk away, but a hand on my wrist stopped me.
"Wait." Bakugou's voice was weak for a second. I turned to look at him. He sighed. "Look, I wanted to apologize about that. I just needed to be noticed by hero agency's...."
I interrupted him. "I understand. That's what the games are for." I paused for a minute. A hard lump formed in my throat as I remembered all the festivals before. "We have done these since our first year at UA. Every time, I get nervous and mess up. No hero agency who watches the games have any interest in someone who hasn't seemed to improve over the years." I looked at Bakugou. His state of shock is blurred as tears flood my vision. I blink them back, not wanting to cry in front of him. "I mean, it's our senior year! This was the last chance and I blew it." I laughed bitterly at myself. "Please, Bakugou. Just leave me alone." I whispered and started walking off again.
I was stopped again, by arms wrapping around me. "Fuck the festival. If someone can't tell you're powerful just by your quirk, they are fucking idiots." Bakugou mumbled into my ear. "I know you're powerful and so does everyone in that damn stadium."
I turn around and bury my head into his chest. "Why aren't you being the normal jerk face you usually are?" I ask quietly.
Bakugou hugs tighter and shakes his head. "I can't be mean to the boy I've fallen in love with. Especially when he's as upset as he is now." He replies and sighs. "I promise that a hero agency saw your fight and is fixing up a deal."
I smile. "Thanks, Bakugou."