2 // music videos

CHAPTER TWO
music videos
•••

CHAPTER TWOmusic videos•••

ɴᴏʟᴀɴ ᴍᴜʟʟᴇɴ

"I found you a role," my agent Dahlia said, not looking up from her iPad. "You're starring in a music video," she announced, her face unexpressive as a strand of her straightened black hair fell in front of her face.

"Is that all?" I asked, my foot ticking on the ground as I crossed my arms. "Is that what I've come all the way here for?"

She looked up at me for a second before she looked back down at the iPad on her desk.

"They start shooting tomorrow at 1 p.m. We'll pick you up at 11."

I clenched my jaw as I looked at the door behind her.

"Can I leave now?" I mumbled. She didn't even say anything as she waved her hand, allowing me to leave, and I didn't hesitate to do so.

My phone rang as I made my way out the building and I picked up without watching the caller ID.

"Nolan!" Ava screeched in my ear. I moved the phone away from my ear just to not get deaf. Jeez, this girl can scream.

"What's up, Ava?" I asked, making my way towards the car, smiling at my chauffeur as I stepped inside.

"Okay so I'm leaving for college tomorrow and I can't find my damn laptop!"

"I thought you let Keith borrow it last—"

"God damn it!" she yelled, making me move away from my phone again.

"You're tryna make me deaf, Ava?" I grumbled.

"I'm sorry it's just— I'm kinda stressed out, that's all," she sighed, followed with a loud thump, and I could practically imagine her dropping her head on her kitchen table. I chuckled at that, which made her 'hey' me.

"That your life isn't drastically changing tomorrow isn't my fault, so don't you dare laugh at me!"

"Wrong. Apparently I'm shooting a music video tomorrow. You know how long that takes?"

"Oh, right." I could hear she was smirking at me since she always used a higher voice when she did so. "You're going back to your glamorous Hollywood life. Must be so difficult." I rolled my eyes but couldn't hold back my grin.

"Hmm, tell me when you're prepared to work for twelve hours straight," I retorted.

"Tell me when you're prepared for..." she stopped talking, as if she suddenly lost all the words in her vocabulary. "Okay, fuck. You got me," she finally gave in. "Just find me a hot famous boyfriend, alright?"

"Sure, whatever you need, Ava. Hey look, I gotta go. I might call you back tomorrow but like I said, might turn out to be a twelve hour work day." Ava sighed.

"I miss you already! Tell me when you've got time to hang out again, if that's alright with all your crazy fans." I chuckled lightly at her remark. When I first returned to public school two years ago, everyone suddenly wanted to befriend me. Not for the best intentions, may I add. I've never been very fond of meeting new people, but I somehow managed to befriend Ava and Keith and we were like the three musketeers ever since.

"I miss you guys too. I'll text you tonight, okay? Goodbye."

"Goodbye," she pouted, before hanging up right as the car reached my house. It was now about 9 p.m. so I'd still be able to eat something before I went to sleep, because I was starving.

I noticed all the lights were out as I stepped inside my house, so my parents must've already gone to sleep. I tiptoed my way to the kitchen and opened the fridge.

In the fridge, there were a bunch of bottles of juice and fancy water. There were also a few apples but honestly I just wasn't in the mood for anything healthy, so I closed the fridge and searched for something in the cabinets, eventually settling for a bag of pistachios and some packaged chocolates chip cookies.

I took them all up to my room and covered myself in my blankets, killing some time by scrolling through Instagram.

The most recent news about me was that I had graduated. Most pictures were a picture with me in my graduation gown, Ava and Keith either still in the picture or cropped out. Some people drew me or edited the picture, and I absentmindedly liked a few of them. Such a simple action could make someone's entire day, so it was something I'd do for a few minutes every day.

Since my break, people haven't been following me around too much. Also, I was sixteen so I couldn't work on very big projects apart from The Children, a show in which I co-starred since I was thirteen. Since the show had ended, the fan base laid low, just like I did.

I wondered if shooting that music video would actually help me get back on my feet. I didn't even know the artist or the story they want me to tell. I only knew I was gonna star in it and I was supposed to be there tomorrow at one.

I sighed, throwing my bag of pistachios and the pack in cookies on the nightstand. Tomorrow was gonna be exhausting. I'm not at all in the rhythm so I'm bound to fuck up at some point. I could only hope it wouldn't result in an even longer day.

 I could only hope it wouldn't result in an even longer day

Author's note:

Hiya 👋

I'm back and kinda done with school, which means more time to write (yay!)

I was wondering, who's your favorite actor/actress?

I personally love Zendaya a lot... I don't know any male actors I like as much though...

Anyway, I'm updating soon. Bye bye 👋

Xxx C.