Chapter seventeen

We both cleaned the garage and then by the time it was three pm the guys rang the doorbell. Andy opened it and let the guys in. Jinxx greeted us and introduced Jake and Christian, “Call him CC for short” he said. I nodded. “I’m Andy and this is Ashley” Andy said, pointing at me. I just blushed.

We drunk something and then all went to the garage. We set up our stuff and played a few songs we all knew. After the second song my ribs hurt like hell. “Andy” I whispered. “Can you get me a painkiller?” I asked with tears in my eyes. I didn’t want to cry. I didn’t want to seem like a weak person in front of the people I just met.

Andy nodded and went off to get me a painkiller. “What’s he going to do?” CC asked. “He’s going to get me a painkiller” I said, my voice barely a whisper. “Are you okay?” He asked shocked. “I’m fine” I said. “What’s wrong then?” CC asked and sat down next to me on the couch which was standing in the garage. The garage was pretty big.

“My ribs hurt” I said, tears pricking behind my eyes. “What happened then?” Jake asked. “Nothing…” I said. CC and Jake were two years older than me. I didn’t want to cry. “Hey” CC said softly and placed his warm hand on my shoulder "you can tell us everything, you know that, right?” he asked. I nodded and then Andy came back with a painkiller. I took the painkiller but when I swallowed it I couldn’t take it anymore and started crying.

“Ashley baby” Andy whispered and softly lay me down on the couch. “Shh… it will be okay baby” he said as he held my hand. “I-It hurts” I whispered. Jake, CC and Jinxx just stood there, watching me cry. “N-Now I’m supposed to tell them Andy, aren’t I?” I asked. “You don’t have to” Andy whispered. “C-can you tell them?” I asked. Andy nodded and they all sat down. I was still crying.

“Shall I just show them?” Andy asked. I nodded.

Andy carefully pulled up my shirt, revealing the bruises on my back and ribs. “Oh my god” CC whispered. “Who did this?” Jinxx asked shocked. I just lay there crying. ‘M-my dad” I chocked out. Andy was still holding my hand. “Oh Ashley” CC whispered and softly stroked my hair. I bit my lip, trying to stop crying.

When the pain started to dull a bit I sat up again. “S-sorry” I whispered. “Never mind buddy” Jake said and gave me a warm smile. I swallowed hard and gave him a weak smile back.

“Did you guys already write a song?” Jinxx asked. Andy nodded. “Yeah, well actually Ashley here wrote a song” He said and went upstairs to get my notebook. He came back with it and handed it to Jinxx. “These lyrics are pretty good Ash” Jinxx smiled. “Thank you” I smiled back. “Can you sing them?” they asked me. I shook my head “but Andy can” I said and took my guitar. Andy nodded and I started playing.

Andy sung the song. “Wow, that was pretty awesome” CC said.  I just blushed shyly. Jake and Jinxx made a few riffs in the guitar playing and then we played it all together. CC didn’t play yet. “Can you play something?” Jake asked him. CC thought for a second and then nodded “Yup if you play, I’ll start too” he said smiling. We started playing and Andy started singing. Then CC started drumming.

My jaw dropped at the moment he started drumming. He was a hell of a drummer! He was so good!

“Wow!” Andy screamed enthusiastically. CC just smiled proudly. “You’re so good!” he said. “Thank you” CC blushed. I just stood there, smiling like a fool. “And by the looks Ashley liked it too” Jake grinned looking at me. I blushed and nodded. Jinxx looked at the time. “Dude it’s already six pm” he said. “Fuck Jake, we’ve got to go” he said. Jake’s eyes widened and he nodded. “Sorry guys but our grandma’s birthday is today and she’s turning 90 so we have to go” Jake said as he and Jinxx packed their stuff. We all nodded.