Book 2 ~ Chapter 8

✨•~~~~~~~~•✨
MAKOs POV

It was already dark out, we were sailing out to sea. We were guarding the left side of the boat, with Two-toed Ping. As much as I didn't like my idea to negotiate with the Triple Threats, we needed to find out who has been in charge of these attacks. Lei was sitting on a crate, with one leg draped on the edge. She had one of her dao swords on her lap while she was cleaning it with a small cloth. Asami was leaning against the wall, with her arms crossed. Two-toed Ping and I were leaning on the railing of the boat.

"This is around the area where the attacks happened, so keep your eyes and ears open," I said, as I turned to two-toed Ping on my left side.

"Iagreekeepquietmouthzippeddontsayathing, thatsagreatwaytoambushsomebodywhichiswhatwe'redoingnowanditsbasicallywhatwealwaysdobecauseIamangangster—," Two-toed Ping got cut off.

"Two-toed Ping, please," I said, with an annoyed tone.

"Oh, right, so, what's it like dating the Avatar?" Two-toed Ping asked, I tensed at the mention of Korra.

I was a bit uncomfortable with the question. I turned away from Two-toed Ping, ignoring his question.

"Come on, Mako, I gotta know," Two-toed Ping said.

"Ping, stay focused!" I blurted angrily.

"Why are you so weird about it? If I was dating the Avatar, I would tell you all about it," Ping said.

"That's enough, Ping," Lei snapped, as she stood up and approached us.

"It's fine, Lei," I said with a soft tone, she immediately calmed down.

"There's nothing new, I broke up with her," I added.

"What? Why didn't you tell me?" Asami exclaimed, as she approached us.

"I don't know," I said softly. I really didn't.

Ping started laughing uncontrollably, and I raised my eyebrow in confusion at him.

"Yeah, you broke up with the Avatar, like that happened," Ping laughed, I glared at him.

"Hey, Shady Shin! Viper! Mako says he broke up with the Avatar," Ping shouted.

"Yeah, right, I did too!" Viper mocked, and they all laughed at me.

"Alright, would you guys knock it off, and do your job!" I snapped.

Lei came to my side and put her hand on my shoulder. I looked at her and exhaled heavily.

"Let's all take a breather, hmm?" Lei said.

"Wanna see why the call me Two-toed Ping?" Ping asked, I rolled my eyes.

Ping sat on the crate, and took of his shoes. We all gathered around him, as he held his bare feet up. There was an extra toe on each foot. We stared blankly at his feet.

"And that's why they call me two-toed Ping," Ping said, as he wiggled his toes.

"Because you have two extra toes," Asami said slowly.

"That's right, and there was already a twelve-toed Ping on the south side," Ping said.

"Wait, guys did you hear that?" I asked, as I turned my head quickly to the left.

"I didn't hear anything," Asami said.

"Nope," Ping replied.

"Ugh, What's taking so long," I complained.

"Mako's right, they should've attacked by now," Lei said, as she looked in my left direction.

"Relax, like what I'm doing," Ping said, as he leaned against the wall in a comfortable position.