Chapter Four

"What's wrong?"

I sat in front of Camila by the local town square. Normani had informed me on all the top places in her original birthplace, at least all the ones she could remember. She had a blank facial expression, making it very difficult to figure out how she was feeling. Usually, I could read Camila like a book; find out if she was happy or feeling down.

"I just can't believe you're actually here," Camila propped her elbow on top of table between us and rested her chin against her open hand. "Normani wasn't exactly sure that you'd show. I wasn't even sure you'd show."

I shrugged in return with an added chuckle, "I can't exactly not show up, I live here, Camila."

The corner of her lips twisted into a grin, "So that means you'll show up to the concert tonight?"

"I, uh-"

"Louis. You told me you would come," her smile instantly faded.

"I'll see what I can do," I sigh, making her force a weak smile.

There was a moment of silence between us, except for the sound of me slurping my drink.

"You really like that sweatshirt," Camila snickers as she nods towards Teddy's striped sweatshirt that I keep on wearing.

"Yeah, it's my, uhm, brothers."

"Oh. What's his name?"

Shit. One lie really does lead to so many others.

"Teddy," I quickly respond. "I don't see him anymore, and I don't know, sometimes I miss him."

"That's cute," she smiles as she takes my drink and begins to sip from it. I raise an eyebrow at her action, but she casually giggles, sliding the beverage back to me.

"If you want your own drink, I can-"

"No. I like yours."

"Fine by me," I smirk, looking directly into Camila's drawing brown eyes. They might be a common color, but on her, they were remarkable. The way the sun reflected off them was almost, inspiring, and the way she could just look at you would just completely brainwash you.

"You have really pretty eyes," I find myself blurt out, immediately shaking my head from the trance.

"Really?" Camila asked with a surprised tone in her voice, which shocked me as well. "Brown eyes are so common. Your eyes on the other hand, are breathtaking."

I feel my cheeks heating up. I've been complimented on my eyes multiple time, but when she said something nice about them, my stomach did somersaults and my heart completely stopped. I'm lost for words, so I simply respond, "Thanks."

"I-I've never... seen anything like them, on anyone," she hesitantly tells me, like she didn't want to say the words. My stomach drops inside. It was obvious she didn't want to lie like that, but she did anyways. Was she that ashamed of me?

"I should get going," I stutter out, standing up and tossing my empty cup out. "My family is probably worried where I am since I got up so early."

"Alright, I'll see you tonight?" I turn to find Camila standing behind me. She has her lower lip under her teeth, her eyelids opening and closing rapidly.

"We'll see, Camz," I grin, taking her hand and massaging the top of it with my thumb.

She then leaned forward, planting a fast kiss against my cheek. Her lips lingered there for a while, until she pulled away and backed up. I was completely starstruck, and certain that I stood there for at least thirty minutes. Camila Cabello had just kissed me.