Sorry.

-JOSH-

    Maya confuses me sometimes. I stared as she walked out, dirty blonde ponytail swinging back and forth.

    Walking out of the room, I didn't know what to do.

Snap out of it Josh!

     I shook my head back and forth, clearing my head. Relatives were clearing out, so I took advantage of the empty shower.

     I opened the towel closet. I always chose the red towel. But recently, I have been picking the blue towel. The blue towel was new. The red towel wasn't old, but I hadn't used it in a long time.

Blue. Red. Blue. Red. Red. Blue. Red. Red. Red. Red. Red-

"Josh?"

"Huh?" I said, stupidly.

"Earth to Josh?" Ria stood in front of me, waving her arms.

Staring into her light blue, almost grey eyes, I said again, "Huh?"

"Why are you staring at the towels?"

"No reason," I answered, grabbing a green one.

"I just wanted to make sure that the towels were, uh... in good shape?"

"What?" Ria said, suspiciously peering up at me.

"You know, just in case they were circles or something. I mean, so there weren't any spiderwebs on them? I meant-"

Ria sighed in defeat. "Okay, okay. Just- I just wanted to talk to you after you shower. Is that alright?"

"Yeah, 'course." I mumbled, scratching the back of my neck.

"Good. Talk to you later, Josh." Ria walked away.

Great going, Josh.

All I wanted was to take a shower.

—————————————————————

Stepping out of the shower, I changed into a black v-neck and jeans.

    I stepped out of the tiled bathroom and made my way to the family room. Ria was sitting in the couch, reading The Fault in Our Stars.

    I don't know why, but I never found it as sad as Riley did. Tissues. Tissues everywhere.

    Speaking of, Riley, Lucas and Topanga has gone out to start planning the wedding away from everyone else.

"Hey, Ria?" I questioned. She looked up from her book, and took off her white reading glasses. "You wanted to talk, right?"

"Yeah. Um," Ria paused, looking unsure for some reason. "You want to get lunch first?"

"I don't see why not," I shrugged. "I should ask Cory first, though."

"Okay, sounds good. I'll get ready in the meantime." Ria got up, leaving her glasses and book on the coffee table.