Chapter 3

A week had passed since my dream, and it was nearing the day for the party. Emily was still hyped to go though, despite me explaining my dream could've been a vision.
"Don't be silly (Y/N)! There's no way something like that will happen in real life!"
I had tried to protest, but she wouldn't let me. Emily was going, and I HAD to go with her. I had no choice. Once Emily had set her mind on something, nothing could change it.
Tim seemed happy enough that I was going to his and Brian's party. Over the week, Tim had asked me to hang out after school every day. We had become really good friends because of it and yesterday, I'd treated him to some cheesecake at his favourite cafe. Emily said that Tim might have a crush on me, to which I laughed off.
"Tim's a great friend, but I doubt he's interested in me."
But I can't deny the fact that I'd thought about it, dreamed a little. Tim had fluffy brown hair and a slight fringe that dipped over his eyes. He had pure emerald eyes and a crooked smile. He was cute, but there was no way he would like me.
I wear baggy trousers and a hoodie most of the time. I'm not really into fashion and my hair is usually tied up into a simple ponytail. I'm probably one of the most basic looking girls in the entire school. And yet, Tim decides he want to be friends with me.

As the day of the party neared, I tried my best to sneak around Emily. If she saw me, she would instantly drag me to her house for a full makeover for the party.
After school, when Emily was looking for me, I crept into the storage closet to hide from her. I was really afraid of having a make-over. It was dark in the closet and when I tried to reach for the light, someone grabbed my hand. I tried to get away but the person said in a familiar voice to me,
"Ssh. They'll hear us! Stay quiet..."
I could hear a group of girls near the storage closet, and I hold my breath. The crowd soon passes over our hiding spot, and Tim lets out a sigh of relief.
"Jeez, girls literally chase me everywhere these days..."
I feel a little sorry for Tim, as he was mobbed by girls nearly every day. "It must be so hard for you." I say.
Tim shrugs, but then grins down at me "Well, you don't chase me everywhere (Y/N). At least, not in an annoying way."
I blush and look down.
"Why you in here anyway?"
I stiffen at his question. "Emily. Trying to get me to have a makeover. Even though I'm going to wear a mask over my face."
Tim frowned "but you don't need a makeover (Y/N)..."
"Finally! Someone who understands me!" I exclaim.
"I mean, you're already cute. There's no need to ruin it." Tim trailed off, as if he had just realised what he had said.
My heart stops. Cute? I shake off the thought.
"I'm not cute, Tim. I'm into death metal, I wear black, I'm ugly. I'm not.."
Tim cuts me off by covering my mouth with his hand. "You are. You are beautiful inside and out. Don't think badly about yourself."
Suddenly, the door handle turns and I panic. Tripping over a mop, I trip over.... and land right in Tim's lap.
"There you are (Y/N).... what the HELL are you doing to her?!"
I look around and Emily is towering over the both of us. Behind her, Brian is there smirking.
"Damn you, Brian." Tim growled.
"What? I only knew you were in here. I didn't know that (Y/N) was here too." Brian said. "But I guess we interrupted you guys..."
Tim blushes and looks at the awkward situation that we were in. He helps me up and we walk out of the closet.
"(Y/N)~ Are you ready for your special makeover?" Emily chuckles.
I groan, knowing I had no choice any more.

"And..there! All done!"
I open my eyes and look into the mirror. I barely recognised myself. I had a large black hoodie and dark grey jeans. The mask Emily had forced me to make, was white with red eye holes, red paint drooping from them.
"It looks a little creepy..." Emily says, admiring her work of art.
I smile underneath the mask "Well, it covers up your makeup, which is good."
Emily gives me a playful slap and I laugh.
"So, you ready to go?" Emily asks, putting her mask on too.
I nod. We walk out the door, into the direction of the woods.

When we reach the party, there were already tons of people there. I didn't know who they were as they were all wearing masks, so I was a bit nervous.
"(Y/N)! I think that's my friend Carla! Do you mind if I go and see if it's her?"
Emily says, pointing to a girl further away.
"Sure, I don't mind."
Emily gives me a hug, thanking me, and goes to talk to the girl.
Since I didn't know anyone else, I just wander around the party. I decide to sit down for awhile, but when I did, someone covered my eyeholes from behind  with their hands.
"Guess who~?" The voice asks me.
It sounded like a boy, so i thought it was either Tim or Brian.
"Ummm.... Tim?"
"Wrong answer." The voice sounded more lower, and the tone of it sent shivers down my spine. The boy removed his hands and I looked behind to see who it was. They had a dark blue mask on and the eyeholes had black stuff oozing out of them.
"Cool mask! How did you..."
I stop when the boy lifts up a scalpel above his head. My eyes grew wide, as he brought it down. I scream and manage to dodge the attack, running into the crowd. When the other teens noticed the guy with the scalpel, they screamed too, running into the woods, dropping their masks on the way. Suddenly, a group of people stopped them, each one with a knife or weapon in hand.
I watch as they grab various teens and cut their throats open, blood spluttering onto the floor. I run when one of the murderers notices me.
"Shit! What am I gonna do?!"
He runs after me, easily catching up. I spot a tree branch up ahead that was growing relatively close to the ground, and I grab onto it. Climbing up the tree, I look down to see where the murderer was. Unfortunately, they knew how to climb too. I jump down, but in the process, my mask falls off and I cut my knee on a branch and it starts to bleed. Trying my best, I limp away but I bump into the blue-masked guy from earlier.
"Found you~"
My heart stops as he grabs my throat and traces it with his scalpel. Before he could cut my throat open, a yellow flash stood in between us.
"Leave her."
The blue mask guy scoffs. "Seriously, Masky? She's just a human. She can't live forever like us."
The boy called Masky replied in a sceptical tone. "I know we're immortal EJ, but we still can get injured. You want to see how deep I can cut you if you touch (Y/N)?"
Ej chuckles, evilly. "Try me."
Suddenly, a tall man in a suit approaches the pair and picks them up with.... tentacles?!
"I've told you two time and time again. Do not hesitate when killing."
EJ huffs. "Don't blame me! Masky wants to protect this human for some reason."
The tall man looks down at me. When the moon shone through the trees, I could see that he didn't have any facial features at all. Just a plain white face.

And that was all I could remember.