Chapter 4

A huge grin broke out on my face.

I had been looking for an excuse to beat John into oblivion since I was young.

I enthusiastically accept the challenge, I mindlinked to both Alpha Wilson and John.

"John has also requested that the duel is in wolf form, rather than human form, as human form would give you an unfair advantage." Alpha Wilson stated, probably expecting me to argue.

I could beat John with one paw tied behind my back, like I cared which form it was in. I knew he thought him being in wolf form would give him the advantage, since his wolf was huge, and people from the pack rarely see me fight in wolf form. Little do they know, I stay in human form because my wolf has violent tendencies that completely surpass me in human form. The wolf part of me is much more violent, cruel, and uncontrollable; and I valued being in control above all else. This fight was sure to end gruesomely, when my wolf wants blood, she gets it.

John also likely requested to fight in wolf form because they we wouldn't be able to use our Gifts. If I was able to summon weapons, he knows I would bludgeon him to death. His Gift was only the ability to glow in the dark.

I already said I accept the challenge. You don't need to keep selling me on killing him.

John's eyes widened slightly, presumably in fear. He may have expected me to back down from the challenge and just forfeit my position. This would be a fundamental mistake for anyone. Never, ever think I will back down from a challenge.

Alpha Wilson smirked, probably proud because he knows I'm going to whoop John's ass, he's been asking for it for years. "Very well then. See you both at midnight."

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"He does know you'll kill him, right?" Sebastian, Alpha Wilson's son asked as he walked into my house without knocking.

Has anyone ever told you it's impolite to barge into houses without knocking?

"Cool it, Reaper. You may scare the others but not me. I'm the future Alpha, remember?" He teased me.

You know I could still kick your ass. I said, smirking at him.

"Is that a challenge?" He asked, already lowering himself into fighting position. He knew me better than anyone else, and which meant he already knew I would accept the challenge.

I launched myself at him, and we fought only somewhat seriously in my living room. Of course, it ended with me pinning him.

As I sat on stop of his cheat, he whined, "It's not fair that you're stronger than me. You're only a little older than me and I'm going to be the ALPHA!" He was right, it was odd that I would beat him in combat.

I shrugged. You could win once you're officially the Alpha. You'll get so much power from that.

"Fine, we'll duel once I'm the Alpha" he said, laughing. I pushed myself off of his chest, and got up to go to the kitchen and make food for us. "Speaking of dueling," Sebastian continued, "Why would John challenge you? You can destroy him. All he does is glow in the dark." Sebastian had the Gift of electricity. He could electrocute people with just a slight lift of his finger. Alphas always got the best powers, and Betas and Gammas usually got pretty useful ones too. However, you have to be born from an Alpha, Beta, or Gamma bloodline to get extremely powerful Gifts.

I'm fighting him in wolf form, as per his duel request.

Sebastian choked while drinking his water. "Wolf form? You haven't dueled in your wolf form since you were 16. Aren't you a little rusty?"

I used the knife I was chopping celery with to throw at him, just barely skimming his ear. The knife lodged into the wall behind him.

"Hey! That hurt!" Sebastian grumbled, touching his bleeding ear. It already had healed, as I barely clipped him. "Just because your ear is fucked up doesn't mean mine has to be!"

It's true, my ear was pretty fucked from that little incident 4 years ago. In the last 4 years, I had accumulated many battle scars, but the most obvious was still the scar that went from a little above my left eyebrow to a little below my eyeball. When my wolf tried healing my bloody eye, it just ended up turning the whole eyeball white, rendering me only able to see out of one eye. The whole chunk of my ear missing thing wasn't too bad. Sure, it wasn't great to look at, but it's not like I'm competing in Miss America anytime soon.

I flipped Sebastian off, and raised another knife at him as if to threaten him. "I submit! I submit!" he joked.

I rolled my eyes and continued making dinner for us. It wasn't unusual for him to come by for dinner. I tend to not go to dinner at the Pack House because people tend to stare, and then I have to threaten them, which just causes more people to stare. I'm not self conscious, but I hate being looked at, especially because I know they're horrified by my scars, chunks of skin missing, and wolf bite marks all over my arms.

"I also heard that the Blood Alpha is coming by next week," Sebastian said with disgust. "You know why he has the nickname Blood Alpha?"

I'm assuming because he makes people bleed? Duh? Pretty self explanatory.

Seb rolled his eyes. "Well yeah, jackass. But it's because he's known for beheading people in battle. How barbaric, right?"

I shrugged. I don't know. I've beheaded people who deserve it. It's a pretty gruesome way to die, so I can see why he would.

"You both need therapy," Seb laughed. "I forgot you beheaded that one guy who challenged you when you were 16."

He's referring to the last time someone challenged me for my position. That was the hardest duel I have ever had to win, because the person challenging me was the second oldest son of a Beta. He came from another pack to challenge me for my title, because he could not get the Beta position in his own pack, since that goes to the firstborn, and he knew he would lose to the Beta in my pack. When someone with a high position has a child with their mate, the Moon Goddess always gives a boy to carry on their legacy. I was an anomaly.

I killed the guy with the Beta bloodline after almost an hour of fighting in our wolf forms. I was only 16 and of Gamma blood, so naturally he had the advantage. However, I had probably trained harder than him in the last 16 years of my life than he ever did in his 20 years. I would not get tired and let my defense down. He did.

When he launched himself powerfully at me for one final kill shot, I sidestepped him at the last second, and as he launched through the air, I snapped my jaws down on his neck, hard. I kept biting to ensure he was dead, and accidentally ended up decapitating him. Whoops. Happens to the best of us. Like I said, my wolf is fucking feral.

I won't need to behead John, although he deserves it. I'm going to end the fight quickly, he doesn't deserve to take another breath.