Chapter 5

After Sebastian ate his dinner, he left after kissing my cheek and telling me good luck, and that he'll see me tonight. The whole pack would likely come to the fight, at least the ones who were 14+ of age.

Completely relaxed, I took a nap before the fight.

I woke up an hour before the fight. Upon waking up, I went to the bathroom to get ready.   I put my hair into two french braids, that were so long they almost went to my butt. For some reason, I had never wanted to cut my hair. My hair was the one part of my body that wasn't damaged beyond repair. It was thick, completely straight naturally, and so light ash blonde it was almost white.

I then got dressed in a red sports bra, black joggers, and no shoes. I didn't bother wearing much else because I would have to strip to shift into my wolf anyways, not that nudity was taboo in packs anyways.

I grabbed a water bottle from the fridge (killing people makes you thirsty) and began walking to the training grounds were I would at last, have the pleasure of killing John.

Once I reached the training grounds, I was shocked to see that the arena was already filling up. I looked at the clock on the wall to see if I was late, but no, there was still 30 more minutes until the fight.

I turned to the nearest person, which happened to be a 14 year old girl who I recognized from some of my training classes as Sophie. I grabbed her wrist and mindlinked her, Why are so many people here already? The fight isn't for another thirty minutes.

She jumped in surprise at me grabbing her wrist, but excitedly said, "Hi Gamma Ares!" See, I told you not all kids hated me. "Everyone wanted to get here early to watch the fight. We haven't seen a duel in a long time. Well actually, I haven't ever seen a duel to the death because this is the first time I've been old enough to watch. Plus, all of your students are really excited to watch you actually kill someone, yaknow, since we never see you seriously fight." I rolled my eyes. Bloodthirsty fuckers.

Thank you, Sophie. Enjoy the fight. Try to learn something, would you? I winked at her and she giggled before I turned around to go find the motherfucker I was going to kill.

I wondered through the crowd towards the fighting area, somewhat listening to pieces of different conversations, most of them placing bets on who would win.

"Will Ares behead him? I've heard she does that in her wolf form."

"John has been Delta as long as she's been alive, she doesn't stand a chance."

"Why would she agree to a fight in wolf form? She could easily summon a sword and kill him."

"Her wolf is a monster. I've never seen anything like it."

And my personal favorite, "John is a pussy."

When I reached the section of the arena where I would be fighting John, I knew something was wrong. He wasn't there, only Alpha Wilson.

The Alpha, upon seeing me, walked up to me and said, "John has decided to withdrawal his request to challenge you for the Gamma position. He no longer wants it."

I wanted to laugh. John IS a pussy. What he wants is to live. Unfortunately, as I'm sure you already know, Pack Law says that once a challenge request is accepted, it cannot be undeclared unless I accept him rescinding his request.

Alpha Wilson raised his eyebrows. "Are you accepting his withdrawal?"

Absolutely fucking not.

Alpha Wilson cleared his throat. "I didn't think you would. I will go inform him that the challenge will go on as planned."

Did John really think I would accept him rescinding his challenge? Need I remind him that HE was the one who challenged ME. Not even 12 hours later, he pussies out? I will give him the death he deserves, the death all cowards deserve.