Bonus Chapter; Near the campfire

[Warning: Mature Content Ahead] no lemon🍋
- For those who don't like this sort of thing, you can still read to about half the chapter. Just stop reading when a tent/or rain is mentioned. :^)

***

The night brought such a silence that the crackle of the campfire was all that could be heard. The flames that licked at the wood and the red sparks both jumped in the fresh breeze. Even though the heat of the fire struggled to penetrate the freezing winter air, it still raged on and offered little heat to its surroundings.

Y/N sat close to the campfire on a jacket, her face toasted warm and her back remained cold. Memorized by the way the fire danced, her eyes stay trained on it as if she was hypnotized and she felt herself relax in the comfortable warmth. It was like the fire was charming her worries and sending them heaven-bound along with the dark smoke that collected in the already gray cloudy sky above. As much as she loved it when it rained, she hoped it wouldn't because she was enjoying sitting next to the fire.

She can see her breath as she exhales deeply from her parted lips, she holds up her numbed hands to the fire in an attempt to defrost them. For a few seconds, her eyes closed and she soaks into the heat. However, her relaxation is disturbed when the direction of the wind slowly starts to change. She has to retreat backward away from the vivid fire to avoid smoke burning her eyes.

The harsh wind goes against her, her hair gathers in tangles behind her. She stands in place, looking up to study the dark stormy clouds. As if a blanket has been thrown over the planet, no light could be seen. No stars or even the moon could bypass the darkness collecting in the sky. The silhouettes of the tall trees blended in with the darkness and they seemed to go up endlessly. The night was beautiful, memorizing in the best ways. She was in such a frozen trance that the cold of the black night didn't bother her. It was just her and the sky. She was rendered in pure ecstasy.

Suddenly, she feels a warm weight being wrapped around her shoulders and fold over the top of her head like a hood. A fuzzy black blanket covers most of her body, dangling past her knees. It surprises her, and she realizes just how cold she has become without the heat of the fire.

"Sunshine, you will get sick if you stay out here too long," Toby tells her from beside her, his hand pats the top of her blanket-covered head. "Especially if you're only wearing a nightgown,"

She smiles up at him and grips the blanket in her freezing hands, "I know. It just feels so nice out here." Her face has become cold and numb, she must look flushed in the cold. As much as the cold gives her discomfort, she loves it. Loves the cold breeze and loves the way the air stings her skin. Loved the way the thin fabric of her gown brushed against her legs even though her legs felt freezing. She knew she would never grow tired of it.

He sighs while moving his hand to her lower back to nudge her forward, "At least sit by the fire to stay warm."

Y/N nods and walks with him to the fire. She sits back down on her previous spot. The smoke was blowing in the opposite direction now, the harsh winds now go against her.

Sinking further into the blanket with it still over her head, Y/N sighs in content in the cozy warmth while Toby soon sits beside her. She would offer to share the blanket, but he would decline and say the cold doesn't bother him. As much that is true, she knew he could still get sick. He's too stubborn.

Still wrapped in a tight ball with her knees pulled to her chest, Y/N rests her head on her legs and turns in Toby's direction. He was already looking at her, his eyes unblinking. Suddenly, he starts to laugh.

"What are you laughing at?" Y/N asks him, confused. Toby has a light pink tint to his cheeks, she isn't sure if it's from the light of the fire or if he's blushing. "You just look too cute wrapped up in that blanket." He reaches out his hand to her face, pushing hair out of her face.