Chapter 4

Kaitlyn's POV

How does Riker know?

"Who told you," I say on the verge of tears.

"Nurse Nancy saw them when you were passed out," Riker said, "Why'd you do it Kaitlyn".

I started to cry at this point. I can't handle telling Riker these things because I know how much it hurts him.

"I-I don't know Riker it's all the pain I go through," I cry. Riker pulls me on to his lap and hugs me. Man his hugs could cure cancer.

"It's gonna be okay Kaitlyn," Riker says rubbing my back, "One day all of your suffering will end I promise".

"Don't make a promise that can be broken Riker," I sobbed into his shoulder. Riker pulls away and looks into my eyes.

"Kaitlyn Abigail Henderson one day everything will be fine, it may not be today or tomorrow but one day there won't be pain anymore," Riker assured.

"Riker you are the greatest thing that has ever happened to me," I cry hugging even tighter then the last time. He makes my life seem perfect when it's not.

~~~~~~2 hours later~~~~~~~

Riker is driving me to me house it doesn't deserve to be called a home. It doesn't have that comfort element to be called a home.

After about 20 minutes we pull up into my driveway.

"We're here," Riker says with sadness in his eyes.

"Yeah," I sarcastically spit out. "Can you give me a ride to school tomorrow?"

"Yes, since your car is still at the school," He chuckles.

"Thanks Rikey," I say stepping out of the car.

"Remember don't cut its not good for you," He states.

"I will try not to," I say closing the car door.

Riker pulls out of my driveway and I walk inside my house. I have to be quiet or else they will here me. By "they" I mean Bill and Melinda my "parents".

I quietly close the front door and quietly head for my room. I was just about to head up the stairs when I heard the devil in disguise.

"Are you just now getting home," Bill shouts, "Young lady do you not know what time it is."

"I-It's 8:30 p.m.," I stutter and take a step back knowing what's coming next.

"Damn right you're suppose to be home right after school," Bill yells walking towards me.

"I-Im sorry," I say with tears coming down my face.

"I don't care," Bill says punching me in the face.