13 Pretty Little Liars

Hospital beds are the most uncomfortable thing on this planet. For the past two days I've been feeling as if I'm laying on a stone with multiple pebbles scattered around. My parents are still insisting that I stay here until I am fully recovered. Unfortunately, even when I do leave, I'll have a cast on my right leg and some stitches above my eyebrow. The bruises will hopefully fade but I know the glass cuts will leave scars. The good thing is that I get to watch TV all day long. And I don't have to go to school, obviously.

Can it get any better?

Yes, yes it can.

I groan inwardly as the sound of the chair shrieking interrupts my movie for the fifth time tonight. My eyes fall on the boy shifting in it as he tries to make himself comfortable again, for the millionth time since he's been here.

"You know you don't have to be here. It's almost midnight." I say once I glance at the pale looking clock hanging from the wall on my right.

"I know that." The boy grumbles and raises his hand to rub his chin.

"Then go. It's a school night." I say, praying to the heavens that he leaves me and Leonardo DiCaprio alone. I don't mind company, but I've been craving some time with myself for the longest and somehow being in a hospital is the only time I can get it.

"Are you throwing me out?" He sounds amused by my desperate tone so I just roll my eyes and look back to the screen.

His agitation doesn't seem to fade, as he soon gets up and walks around the room in a slow pace, looking as if he's thinking really hard. Deciding this situation needs my push, I turn off the TV, sadly, before sitting up and crossing my hands over my chest.

"Alright. What is it, Mel, talk to me." I say firmly and my tone seems to gain his attention as he looks over at me. But he's hesitant and his gaze wanders from the window to me before he stubbornly walks closer to the bed.

"Sit." I say and he does just that.

He's quiet for a few seconds before fully turning to face me.

"You remember how I told you that there was something different in what we smoked?" He asks and I gulp.

"Yeah, I remember." I say unsurely. I can't let him know that I am aware of what's going on. Now that it's over, I doubt him knowing about it would help. But the struggle inside of me is hard. "What's on your mind?"

"I don't know if I'm supposed to tell you this." He looks away but then quickly snaps his head back to me. "Have you seen something else around us? Did it smell funny or something?"

Does he know? Did he find out anything in these three days? None of the boys have spoken about what has happened and I didn't want to question it. But I have a feeling that Mel is onto something.

"Not really." I reply. "I guess it smelled like weed?"

"Ugh." He groans and runs a hand over his stubble. "I'm just frustrated because it's not looking so pretty to me. Weed is fine to me but anything else is just a completely different topic. I know Carter has experimented but he would never give us something without telling us. But Abraham might've -"

He stops and I try not to flinch at the sound of that idiot's name. I haven't heard from him since that last time we talked and I'm glad. I actually succeeded in his little plan, although it was an accident and I ended up being the one to get hurt, but now I want nothing else to do with him. I was thinking about that this morning but my head would start pounding every time my mind would remember that asshole, so I avoid dragging him into my thoughts.

"What do the boys think about it?" I ask, wanting to steer away from the mention of Abraham's name.

"Clueless. We all are. Carter is pissed off and maybe even scared. But I don't know. I thought you would know something since you were there."

"And the girls?" I ask, silently praying they haven't said anything.

"Alex doesn't remember a thing and Cindy is still blaming herself for your condition so she locked herself in her house." He explains.

"I told her not to think that way." I scoff.

"You'll talk to her once you get out tomorrow." Mel tells me. "And we're throwing you a party for a safe return."

"For a safe return? That's bullshit." I giggle and he shrugs.

"A bullshitty excuse to throw a house party." He says and I laugh even more.

"Where?"

"Wes's place."

"Nice."

We sit in silence until the door of my room opens and a nurse peeks inside. Her blonde hair falls over her forehead as she smiles at me.

"I think visitig time is over." She says sweetly and Mel nods, standing up to his feet. He turns to me and taps my cheek lightly.

"Stay out of trouble, Kat." He says.

"You too." I smile before waving at him as he exits the door. The petite looking nurse watches him as he walks down the hall before fully entering the room. I'm confused at first, until she smiles brightly and an envelope comes in my view.

"Your boyfriend just misses you too much." She chuckles and nods to the empty tray of muffins that Wes sent earlier today. I decide not to correct her on the boyfriend term as she looks more than excited to be the messenger between his gifts and me. Then she hands me the small red envelope and winks before exiting the room.

I chuckle softly to myself and use my nails to open the perfectly sealed envelope. The pastel red colour is so fitting to the eyes and a smile creeps on my lips when I see a paper inside, the same shade decorating its edges. I unfold it and my eyes start to read the boldly written letters.

Good job, Banner. I knew you'd make it, although I didn't expect you to put your life in danger. It was a pleasure working with you and let's hope for more business deals in the future.

See you at the party.

-A

I stare at the small letter for a couple more seconds before hurriedly ripping it apart. With slow movements and the help of my crutches, I hop over to the trash can and dump the red paper parts.

There's no doubt that the letter was written by Abraham, and that alone scares the crap out of me.

I'm almost scared to fall asleep, especially after the subtle notification that I might see that psycho at my party tomorrow. Let's just hope that Wes won't let him inside.

And future deals? What is he talking about? I would rather choke myself right here on this bed than make any more deals with that devil. Then, all of a sudden, I shudder at the thought that he knows exactly which hospital I'm in, and that he actually delivered the letter here.

I curse Pretty Little Liars for the ability of making small letters look deadly.