24th Page: Clash

Capital Town, Kikka

Sounds of clashes rang throughout the area as the Magic Knights repeatedly clashed with Yeon's golden lightning.

However, it was clear that Yeon held the upper edge in most situations, his own magic piercing through the rival magenta colored lightning, grayish soul energy, jet black void energy and white flames, albeit the last few with slight difficulty. Of course, the same couldn't be said for the aquamarine colored astral energy, which clashed with the golden lightning, piercing through it with slight difficulty.

A clear display of the difference in power between Magic Knights and a Magic Knight Captain.

Rin expertly guides and controlled her astral magic beams around Yeon's lightning, scoping out for any weaknesses in the barrier formed by the Last Prism, whereas (Y/N), Ryan, Jayden and Ame all attacked at the barrier in a coordinated manner, Melody supporting the group from the back with her Music Magic.

"You fakes are just meaningless pests!" Yeon roared as he fired off lightning bolts in a frenzied manner.

"Oi, what's your deal with Magic Knights anyway? You keep calling us fakes, yet you don't even seem to have any relations to the Magic Knights!" (Y/N) demanded with frustration as he swung Phantasm to meet a bolt of lightning headed his way.

"You make it sound like you've been a Magic Knight!" (Y/N) inquired, sidestepping a bolt of lightning and slicing through it with Phantasm.

"...What does it matter to you, pest?" Yeon narrowed his eyes from behind his back, momentarily stopping his wild assault as he looked at (Y/N).

"I just don't get why someone who's been a Magic Knight previously would turn on his own country...what's in it for you in the end?" (Y/N) spoke as he summoned Kronos' Arc, placing Phantasm back into his Grimoire and swinging the scythe all around him, dispelling the surrounding lightning.

Similarly, Jayden and Ryan stood back silently, awaiting the answers that the golden robed man would give.

"...Magic Knights? I've been a Magic Knight before...?" Yeon stopped, the temperature in the area seeming to decrease as he coldly glared at (Y/N).

"I would rather die than be one of you fakers, always claiming you are doing things for the betterment of this forsaken Kingdom...and yet, in the end, ALL YOU MAGIC KNIGHTS EVER ACT ON IS YOUR OWN SELFISH GREED!" Yeon spoke icily, his glare not retracting for even a second as he spoke. He only glanced to the side as dual astral spikes crashed towards the barrier formed by the Last Prism, courtesy of Rin.

"You claim all Magic Knights act on their greed...I cannot say there aren't Magic Knights that act like that...but have you ever met a true Magic Knight?" Rin asked, a glare equally as cold as Yeon's on her face as she guided several astral spikes towards the man.

"A true Magic Knight? Typical...coming up with some sort of excuse to cover your own actions...You want to know why I despise the very existence of the Magic Knights?! YOU'RE ALL NOTHING BUT FAKES, CLAIMING TO WORK FOR JUSTICE, AND YET YOU STRIKE DOWN THOSE WHO'VE DONE NO WRONG WITHOUT EVEN CASTING A SECOND GLANCE AT THEM! YOU CLAIM ITS ALL FOR THE BETTERMENT OF THIS KINGDOM, BUT HOW IS IT SUPPOSED TO GET ANY BETTER WHEN YOU KILL THE VERY SAME THING YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO BE PROTECTING?!!?" Yeon raged, an intense hatred burning in his eyes as he looked at the distant Magic Knights.

(Y/N)'s lips formed a very thin line, his eyes narrowed slightly, though he remained silent.

Nearby, Ryan and Jayden glanced at each other, before returning their gazes to Yeon.

Behind them, Rin gravely looked at the golden robed man, hints of sorrow obvious on her face.

Melody nearby gasped slightly, covering her mouth with her hands, Ame placing her hand on the girls shoulder comfortingly, though her gaze was also quite grim.