Lights will guide you home

by; sleepyfaceandsnark (Sleepyfaceandsnark)

Summary:

"...and ignite your bones"

Ian wakes up on morning, distraught over leaving Mickey, to find a stranger by his bed. Or was he a stranger at all?

——————————————-
Ian walks home from work filled with exhaustion in so many ways. The journey almost pitch black from the shitty street lights not working. He opens the door, the light from inside killing his eyes, and finds Lip and Fiona drinking on the couch. 

"Hey, man," Lip greets him. "Wanna join?"

Ian offers a fake smile to his siblings. Not having a genuine since...  He thinks Since you broke up with the man you loved and did nothing as he got chased away with your gun toting half-sister...or was she your cousin? Who the fuck knows. Not like your siblings pay enough attention to you to realize your smile isn't real.

"Nah," Ian says. "Had a long day. Think I'll just go to bed."

"Aww," Fiona groans, she already seems to be drunk. Drunk Fiona was always a lot of fun. Ian thinks before he shrugs lightly still smiling and heads to the stairs.

Ian's face drops as soon as he's out of sight. He gets to his bedroom, Lip's old one, and starts taking off his clothes.

He sits on the edge and sighs. Another day's end, another failed relationship that couldn't fill the void that was left by-

Ian can't say his name. Doesn't want to. It's left at the back of his throat and he swallows it down hard.

He lays his head on the pillow and welcomes the dreams that will let him escape this reality, at least for a little while.

The morning comes too quickly, the night was filled with tossing and turning and Ian wakes up as he usually does...still tired. His mind is full of regret, guilt, and whatever the hell else kept him up at night and haunted him in his slumber. He rubs his eyes, his body acting hungover despite him not having a drink last night. This is typical until he gets some caffeine in him. Though not even caffeine could hide the disgust and general hatred for himself he felt whenever he thought about...him... Mickey. He lets himself think of his name. The man he loved and left again and again. He tried to bury everything he felt with man and hoped his new job would help him forget but it didn't work and Ian knew it.

The bright sun blinds him as Ian looks towards the opened window.

He sighs and turns over to his side and notices a large lump by him on the bed. At first he thinks it's a pillow but quickly realizes it's a person. He quickly shifts all the way to the other side of the bed. It's probably someone Frank let in for some cash or drugs. Wouldn't be the first time.

Ian leans back and extends his leg slowly pushing the person further and further off the bed until they get close enough to the edge and Ian kicks them off as forceful as he can.

A loud thump is heard and a groan soon after. Ian quickly jumps off the bed and grabs the bat he always has by his bed.

"Well that's one fucking way to wake up." The person says. It's mumbled enough that Ian can't quite make out if he knows them or not.

He comes over to the side of the bed the person fell out, his grip on the bat tightening. He can see now it's a man though most of his body is still covered by the sheets that fell with him.

Ian holds up the bat higher and is about to shout at the man when the man's arm escape his cover prison to rub his head and Ian sees his hand.

The bat slips out of Ian's fingers and crashes down on the floor making a worse noise then the body that hit it a few minutes ago.