𝟎𝟎𝟏 | DEMOCRACY OF MERLE DIXON

ANDREA WAS NO killer and Mya knew that for a fact

ANDREA WAS NO killer and Mya knew that for a fact. That didn't stop her blood from running cold as she pressed her gun to the forehead of the confused and disoriented police officer Glenn had brought in off the geek-filled streets of Atlanta. Mya pitied the man, she'd pitied most people the past month. Nobody knew how to adapt to this world.

"Just chill off, Andrea, back off." Morales told the blonde woman, however, his words appeared to go in one ear and out the other. She was hellbent on keeping her weapon exactly where it was, yet she wouldn't pull the trigger.

Jacqui hesitantly stepped forward, seeming worried by how Andrea was acting. Mya couldn't exactly blame her, it wasn't as if Andrea went around pointing guns at people. Still, this man had fired his gun on the street, he'd drawn more geeks out. "Come on, ease up." Jacqui urged.

Scoffing, Andrea shot a stern glance towards Jacqui then continued to scowl at the officer. "Ease up? You're kidding me, right? We're dead because of this stupid asshole!" She declared and she wasn't wrong either. There was no way they were escaping the department store they'd gone to scavenge in. That stirred nothing within Mya either, perhaps she had accepted death subconsciously, after all, it had been a month since she'd arrived to any empty home, the love of her life and her daughter gone. What did she have to live for?

Mya sighed, "Shooting him isn't going to change that, just put the gun down." She told the other woman, crossing her arms as she contemplated snatching the gun from Andrea's hand. Death would only come sooner if she pulled the trigger, especially for the officer.

Appreciating the support, Morales nodded thankfully towards Mya, "She's right, I said back the hell off." He added on, stepping closer towards Andrea.

"We're dead. All of us.. Because of you." Andrea stated in a whisper as she began to tear up. She slowly but hesitantly removed the gun from the officer's head as the realisation began to sink in for her. Mya frowned sympathetically.

The officer stared blankly at the small group, the confusion that Mya had immediately noticed becoming more apparent to everyone else. "I don't understand." He admitted.

Morales instantly grabbed the officer by the arm, guiding him away from the room, followed closely behind by Mya and the rest of the group. " Look, we came into the city to scavenge supplies." He ranted as he led the stranger to the front of the store, "You know what the key to scavenging is? Surviving. You know the key to surviving? Sneaking in and out, tip-toeing. Not shooting up the streets like it's the O.K Corral."

"Every geek for miles around heard you popping off rounds." T-Dog added on with a grumble of frustration that Mya knew for certain she and the rest of the group shared along with him. Even if she did pity the officer, he was an idiot nonetheless.

Geeks were quick to notice the group standing near the windows and shuffled over, limbs swinging at the barrier that kept the survivors away, safe and alive. "You just rang the dinner bell." Andrea breathed, her eyes briefly drifting towards the officer before returning back to the main issue at hand.