Chapter 10

'Lanky' as 035 had called him sniffed and rubbed his eye with crimson stained hands.

049 slowly uncurled himself, shaking slightly. Once he'd calmed down enough he stood up and turned to face them, keeping his head down.

It's hand moved to point towards the Doctor. "W - wh-o," a raspy voice asked.

035 gestured towards 049 the way one may to display a great work of art. "This is my dear Doctor, 049." His voice echoed through the twisting hallways, carrying his tone of pride with it.

049 waved at the pale figure, not looking up. He couldn't focus, not on the being in front of him at least. His mind was buzzing and he found his gaze drifting towards the body on the floor.

"Excuse me, but would you mind if I work while we chat?" He just needed to finish this operation.

035 was the one who responded, being the most prone to conversion out of the three. "Go ahead and work Doc, it's fine."

With that 049 stepped over the body, still facing the others. Even if he was working it would be impolite to turn one's back on a conversation they may be involved in.

There had been no breakthroughs in regards to the cure recently. Not any major ones at least. So it was simply routine, the same procedure he'd memorized and could very well recite in his sleep.

049 listened in on the conversation, without paying to much attention to it. At the very least he'd learned that Lanky's number was 096. Eventually however the discussion was drowned out by one of his own thoughts.

How long has it been since Sock last called me dear?

It was once a common occurrence but that was many years ago. It felt so strange to hear it again and yet it felt right as well. The Doctor shrugged it off as his companion falling back on old habits, those times were far in the past anyways.

The other two scps had sat down. Their conversation wasn't anything special, it was mostly just 035 questioning 096 about who had breached. Good news was that the gang had all got out, tricky part was tracking them all down.

106 and 173 where who knows where and last 096 knew 682 was wreaking havoc somewhere. A perfectly routine breach.

"Who did you see last? That seems like it'd be a good place to start," the mask questioned. Not expecting much of an answer.

096 tapped at the ground next to where a few drops of 035's corrosive ooze had landed.

"106, huh?" 096 nodded.

They heard a small commotion behind them before the corpse 049 had been working on stood. 096 pulled his legs a little closer to himself and lowered his head a bit. The reanimated D-Class just walked down the hall.

049 stood, wiping his hands off, the others followed suit.

035 was happy to let 049 what the plan was. "Everyone's out so we just need to find them. Starting with 106 since Shy saw him last."

He turned back to 096, hands on his hips, "But first we should get something to cover your face."

The trio made their way through the halls checking every room along the way for a bag.

At the moment 096's head was covered by a paper bag that 035 had, so kindly, dumped someone's lunch out of. They still kept looking though, after all a paper bag can only last for so long.

096 lead the others to where he had last seen 106. Sure enough they found themselves in a hallway that was practically covered in corrosive ooze.

The three began making their way through the hall. 096 and 035 simply walked through the pools of whatever the hell 106 was covered in, not caring that it was no doubt already eating through them. 035 could just get a new host and 096 could recover fairly easily.

049 fell behind the other to taking his time to avoid the puddles on the floor. Sure he could do just fine with what 035 produced but he wasn't taking any risks.

Eventually the mask took notice of his companion's distance. He tuned and made his way towards the Doctor. With out a word he bent over and picked him up.

"035," was all 049 could think to say out of the shock. Even though a hint of annoyance laced his voice a light blush spread across his cheeks under the mask.

035 looked down at the Doctor in his arms and winked, a smug look plastered onto his face. The mask continued his way down the hall, hurrying a bit to keep up with Lanky's long strides. All while carrying a now flustered 049 bridal style.