35. Worried

Everly

I've never seen Cohen this upset before. It's like when he saw Taylor at the wedding reception But double it and that's how pissed off he is.

All morning he's been on the phone talking to Zach his manager while I'm laying in bed scrolling through Pinterest trying to hear what he's saying from the other room. I hear a bang on the wall that startles me.

"Zach! I don't give two flying fucks about a contract! She needs to stay the hell away from me. Get her to resign or transfer I don't care!" Cohen screams at his phone. It's so loud it sounds like he's in the room with me.

I can't hear what Zach is saying but I can hear Cohen pacing. If he's pacing I know it's not good.

He's been pacing our bedroom all night. Several times I had to yank the phone out of his hand so he wouldn't call Zach in the middle of the night. He hasn't slept at all but luckily he has the day off today.

I look at the time and it's nearing the afternoon and I know Chelsea will be here soon. We decided to plan a thanksgiving slash house warming party with our family and closest friends.

I rolll out of bed and put on some clothes and now that's it's become the end of fall heading into winter I decide to wear some leggings, one of Cohen's hoodies and my favorite fuzzy socks before going downstairs. As I make my way down the hall I hear another bang against the wall making me quicken my steps to the stairs.

He's pissed.

Cohen's not an aggressive person at all but whatever Zach is saying is pissing him off. I feel bad for my wall and Zach's ears.

I go to the kitchen and pull out ingredients to make some lunch. While I'm cutting up the vegetables for a salad I hear a knock on the door. I wipe my hands on the dish towel draped over my shoulder and head to the front door.

"Hey! I brought us Starbucks!" Chelsea says in my door way.

"Thank god! I need this! You have no idea." I huff. I move aside so she can step in more before shutting the door behind her.

"Ev, your house is amazing! It's so beautiful! It's even more beautiful than the outside!" Chelsea says looking around.

"Thank you. I'll give you a tour after we eat plus Cohen is upstairs on the phone."

We make our way towards the kitchen and I go back to cutting the cutting board.

"This kitchen is amazing! God I'm so in love with your house." She gasps making me chuckle.

I am pretty proud of how I put everything together. I'm honestly happy Cohen let me take the reigns to decorate and do whatever I wanted. It's been so nice to share a home with my man that I completely am in love with.

"So how is Cohen doing? He was so mad last night. I feel bad since we were celebrating." She leans against the granite island watching me cut some tomatoes.

"He's been so mad. You have no idea. He hasn't gotten any sleep and now he's screaming at his manager upstairs. I feel bad for both of them right now." I say giving her a sad look.

"Poor Zach I know he'll do whatever he can to help. He's a great manager though."

"You know Zach?" I raise an eyebrow at her.

"He's also Wyatt's manager. I've met him a few times. He's a good guy and very good at his job."

I nod my head agreeing with her. I've only met him once but from what Cohen has said about him so far I do agree that he's good.
I just really hope Zach can figure out a way for Taylor to stay away. I don't trust her at all. Why does she want to be back in his life all of a sudden when she's the one who ruined them in the first place?