Chapter Nineteen: Delilah Loves You

Previously on TGGBB2...

There was a lot of growth shown in everyone. Jordan, Declan, and now even Bennett. Bennett's father found out about Bennett's attempt to bail Jordan. Brennan calls him to tell him that he has to come home for dinner which doesn't mean a nice, normal family dinner. Through the others' support, he's going to use it as an opportunity to try to change his relationship with his father.

~

"Hey, have you seen Bennett?" I asked Jordan who was just opening his locker and grabbing a book from it.

"Oh I see," Jordan said, shaking his head. "You're playing favorites already."

"Don't be like that, Jordan."

"Y'know I'm joking," he said as he handed me a book to hold. "And no, I haven't seen him since this morning."

"I know that's why I wanted to talk to him," I said, leaning against the lockers, holding another book. "When we tried asking how the dinner went, he kept shrugging it off. I'm worried."

"You're not the only one," Jordan assured me, grabbing another book from his locker. "And don't worry, Naomi. This is Bennett we're talking about. You should never be worried about him. Me? Well..."

I laughed at that. With that, it felt a weight was lifted from my shoulders.

Only it didn't. I looked down at my hands and saw I was carrying a couple of books.

"Why am I carrying books? Wait, are these your books?"

"Oh yeah," Jordan said, he himself realized this. "Thanks for holding them for me." He held out his hand motioning he wanted his books back.

And with that, I slowly put the books on the ground. Jordan stared down at his books.

"Naomi, I'm getting old. My back is killing me," he groaned as he bent over to pick up his books.

"Excuses," I said before seeing Bennett walking down the hall towards us. "Hey Bennett," I greeted.

"Hey Bennett," Jordan mocked.

I had enough of with Jordan. With him bent over picking up his books, I gave him a slight poke on his shoulder, and he crashed onto the floor.

He groaned before exclaiming, "Bennett, did you see that? She pushed me!"

I batted my eyes at Bennett in innocence. "Well he pushed my patience."

"As well as mine," Bennett said in agreement.

"Let's walk to our next class," I told him to which he nodded in acceptance.

"Fine just leave me!" Jordan called out. "Yeah, you better walk away from- Argh, my back!"

"You weren't very talkative this morning on our way to school," I commented.

"I thought that was my thing," Bennett replied. "The lone wolf. Silent but deadly."

I looked at him.

"I'm kidding. And the last part describes a fart right?"

"Who are you?"

He smiled. "I'm happy for your concern, Naomi, but I'm fine. The dinner was exactly what I expected."

"That doesn't sound like a good thing."

"Well it went how I expected but in the end, everything was alright. My father and I made a compromise."

"Who left the room with the better end of the deal?"