Chapter 14

He hadn't noticed at first. He didn't think anyone with approach them, since Namjoon said the collars around their necks would signify that they were off limits and belonged to a powerful Alpha or Beta.

So when a Beta sat down next to him, he flinched almost instantly. Seokjin glanced at the man, who was wearing a cap and a large jacket that hid him completely. It didn't look normal, not here, in this establishment. If it were a normal strip club, he would've blended in. But nothing about this place was normal and neither was this man.

"You look thirsty, want me to order you a glass of water?" Seokjin leaned away, grabbing the attention of Jimin and Taehyung who turned to see what was wrong.

"No, thank you. I'm fine." The Beta's smile faltered only for a moment before then it was back, yet it didn't reach his eyes.

"I insist." He gestured for the bartender to get them a glass of water but by then, Seokjin had gotten up along with Jimin and Taehyung, ready to go back to Namjoon because this man didn't seem friendly at all and was up to something.

"I said I'm fine." That was when the smile completely disappeared from the man's face and Seokjin saw him take out a knife that was hidden in his jacket.

He screamed when the Beta lunged at him, catching the attention of everyone. He tried to dodge the attacks but he still got around five slashes on both his arms.

Jimin tried to help, jumping on top of the man and wrapped his arms around his neck to try and choke him. But he was an Omega and the Beta was much more larger than him, he moved back and slammed Jimin harshly against the bar counter, causing the Omega to scream and let go, falling onto the ground only to scream again because he couldn't handle the pain going through his body and passed out.

Taehyung was crying as he went over to his brother, calling for Jungkook to help who moved forward immediately.

The Beta approached Seokjin again, the knife glinting now with blood from his wounds and he was shaking violently. When he felt the solid material of the wall behind him, he cried out in distress.

He was going to die. This was it. He couldn't move anywhere either because it was all a dead end, literally. He felt the Beta push himself against him, the knife at his throat and a whimper left.

"Please, please, don't do this...." He went onto his tip toes, trying to get away from the knife but the man just grinned psychotically.

"But don't you see how fun it is? Seeing blood splatter all around?" Seokjin was going to shake his head when a gunshot rang out.

He froze when he saw the blood making the material of the Beta's jacket darker and he fell, the knife clattering onto the ground next to his body. His dead body.

Seokjin fearfully looked up at the direction where the bullet came from, and he saw the gun in Namjoon's hand. The Alpha didn't have any emotion on his face, not even an ounce of regret.

When Namjoon started approaching, he started feeling dizzy from fear, the sight of all the blood in front of him and the gun in Namjoon's hand.

He passed out.

++++

His head was pounding when he woke up. At first, he couldn't register anything, not how he got to his bed, or what happened, but slowly it came back to him and he tensed up.

Namjoon was a murderer. He was living in a house with a murderer.

He didn't realize that he was panicking and that his scent was filling the room and since Namjoon was in the one next to his, he smelled it and knew that the Omega had awaken and was in distress.

He got up quickly from his desk and went over to Seokjin's room, but his presence only made everything worse.

When Seokjin saw him, his scent spiked with fear and he got up from the bed, backing as far away as he could from Namjoon as the other tried to approach him.

"No! Don't come near me! Don't!" Namjoon froze for a moment and then looked up at Seokjin.

"I'm not going to hurt you, Seokjin-ah. I promised I'd take care of you and your father, why would I hurt you now?" Seokjin was shaking like a leaf and he closed his eyes, looking away from the Alpha.

"You-you killed him, you killed him and you didn't even care..." Namjoon's face hardened at the mention of the Beta he had shot yesterday.

"He deserved it, Seokjin-ah. He was going to kill you. I couldn't let him do that."

"But you still shouldn't have killed him!"

"He was going to die anyway! I showed mercy and killed him instantly! The Council wouldn't have been so generous and would've let him rot for the rest of his days." Seokjin pushed his hands out when Namjoon came closer to him and tried to push him away when he was in hands reach.

"Please..." He sobbed and Namjoon's face softened, he pulled Seokjin's hands from his chest and wrapped his own hands around the Omega, letting his scent envelope them to calm him down more.

"Shh, I did what I had to do. I couldn't have let him hurt you. I would never have let him hurt you." Seokjin - despite still immensely frightened of Namjoon - wrapped his arms around the Alpha and cried into his shoulder. His scent was so comforting now that it didn't have that spicy scent and he took deep breathes until he was no longer crying out loud.

"You're still a murderer." Namjoon stroked his hair, unconsciously rocking them back and forth.

"I know."

"And I hate you." This time he smiled.

"I know."

Seokjin sniffed and looked up at him, tear streaks on his cheeks that Namjoon wipes away as gently as possible.

"Then why do you care about me so much? Why not just hurt me and use me? I'm nothing but something you bought at an auction and can do with whatever you want. Just a slave." Namjoon looked into Seokjin's eyes and sighed, leaning down to place a soft kiss over both his eyelids.

"You're not my slave, Seokjin-ah. You're so much more precious than that."