chapter 13:

Chapter 13:

Song: I walk on water- Kaleo

Would you like to go on another date with me?”

was the first thing Alvaro asked me the day after the transition ceremony.

We were both currently in his chamber, with him getting ready to go meet Mateo for some pack business while I struggled to keep my eyes open since it was just half past six in the morning.

It was considered appropriate for both of us to sleep in his room now that everyone knew about me so we stayed in here since I loved how soft his bed was.

“When do you wanna go?” I asked him gruffly while watching him put his T-shirt on. Damn, I was enjoying the view.

“I won’t be long today. I’ll be back around 4 p.m. We can leave at 5 if you’d like” he suggests and I nod although he can’t see me.

“Sounds like a plan to me” I murmur and hear my mate’s chuckle while closing my eyes. Alvaro approaches me and gives me a small peck on my cheek

“Sleep tight,mi alba” he says and heads out.

I am all awake and ready for breakfast a few hours later when I enter the kitchen. Just like any other day, a lot of women are gathered in here.

“Buenos Dias” I greet everybody and grab a plate of the delicious breakfast that we are served. I take my usual sit next to Carly who is now sited at the head of the table

“Can you believe that today is the first day of me officially being the Luna?” Carly whispers to me, her eyes gleaming with delight

“Does anything feel different?” I question her playfully

“Well, I can pretty much mind-link everybody now. Isn’t that great?”

“Really? Will I be able to as well?” I wonder filled with curiousness

“Of course. Obviously you’ll need to practice a bit with the pack. But you can definitely talk easily to Alvaro this way. Your connection to him is the strongest.” Carly explains to me and I get excited at the thought of having secret conversations with my mate.

“That’s cool… So what are you up to today?”

“Not much. I am gonna hang around the pack, get to know everybody a little better. How about you?”

“Alvaro is actually taking me on a date tonight. I kinda missed going out with him.”

“Oh that’s cute. Where is he taking you?” Carly asks me

“I am not sure. I didn’t ask. It doesn’t really matter as long as I am spending time with him” I admit a bit shyly

Carly smiles sheepishly “You guys are perfect for each other. Mateo says that Alvaro always gets emotional when he talks about you. He had lost all hope before he found you. He was always strong and selfless, always there to support my mate, never admitting how hard it was for him to be mateless. Mateo is really thankful towards him.”

I nod agreeably “I think it goes both ways. I mean, Mateo basically gave us the chance to be together while I was still in the police academy, back in the US. Any other Alpha would demand for his Beta to be by his side. Alvaro has the biggest amount of respect for your mate and he is extremely loyal to him” I answer her

“That’s true. Do you ever just take a sec to realize how lucky we are? We have amazing mates”

“That we do.” I agree easily thinking about her words. It might have taking me a long of time to meet Alvaro but it was worth it. He was such a pure soul and I felt lucky to be able to call him mine.