Chapter 2: Helgen

Y/N POV

Well...this is not expected. I decide to return to my the place where my kind originally come from in order to start a life of my own just to get captured and for what? All because of some stupid civil war. They thought I was with the Stormcloak Rebellion and just hauled me onto a wagon with some horse thief, a Stormcloak soldier, and Ulfric Stormcloak himself who so happens to be not only the leader of the Stormcloaks, but is the Jarl of Windhelm and deems himself as the "True High King of Skyrim." I realized all of this right when I woke up and when the Soldier, who is named Ralof, asked the horse thief Lokir where he came from.

Ralof: Where are you from horse thief?

Lokir: R-Rorikstead, I-I'm from Rorikstead. Why?

Ralof: A Nord's last thoughts should be of home

Dovahkiin: That's funny.

Ralof: What is?

Dovahkiin: I came here to make this land a home to me and it will become my grave.

Lokir: What are you talking about?!

Dovahkiin: We're be carted off with Stormcloak soldiers and Ulfric Stormcloak, who happens to be their leader.

Lokir: I-If you're Ulfric then...OH GODS, where are they taking us?!

Dovahkiin: Now you know why your last thoughts should be of home.

Imperial Soldier: Quiet back there!

I wouldn't say that he is wrong though. In fact, anyone's last thoughts should be of home. After all, I'm far from home and I'm about to be executed for no damn reason whatsoever, but I must say that this land is beautiful. The sky is a bright blue while the sun is high above in the sky. The breeze from the frigid mountains that pierce the sky with the clouds and the cool morning mist made it all the better. Strange, this all already feels like home, yet it is unknown to me. I would ponder about this feeling longer, but we arrived at the end of the road to Helgen and to our lives. We went inside the town to only find Imperial Soldier who served the Imperial Empire inside along with Thalmor Soldiers.

 I never did like those High Elves for always thinking they're superior to all other life and thinking that they're gods. I knew why the were here in Skyrim in the first place. The Empire had lost the Great War against the Aldmeri Dominion who comprised of Altmer and we signed a treaty called The White-Gold Concordant or as I and many like to call it, The Brown-Gold Concordant since the Thalmor just wipe their ass with it. The Empire says that it brought equality between both Man and Altmer, but is constantly keeping us in check and outlawing the worship of possibly our most important god and we can't do the same equality? I don't think so. While we were being carted to the chopping block, I saw a few other people who lived in Helgen come out to see what was going on. Some were men, some were women, and some of the children were told to stay inside. 

They were all shouting different things at us such as "Long live the Empire!" and "Death to the Stormcloaks!", but none of this phased me. Meanwhile, Lokir started to pray to the Nine to be spared.

Lokir: Shor, Mara, Dibella, Kynareth, Akatosh, Divines please help me!

We eventually did came to a stop and we were escorted of the cart that took us here. We were left in ragged cloths and our hands were bounded by rope, all except for Ulfric. Ulfric wore the same clothes he wore as a Jarl, but he had cloth over his mouth that prevented him from speaking. Three Imperial soldiers came before us with some others as backup from warriors to archers to mages. The first was a female imperial who I could tell was the captain for her helmet looking different from the other and everyone obeying her orders. The second was another one named Radvar who seemed to have a checklist that I believe contains the names of the prisoners. The last one was General Tullius, the military governor of Skyrim. The Empire made him in charge of Skyrim when the civil war had started.