twenty two

/LISA/

/LISA/

The sound of paper scratched by pencil filled my ears, ringing like endless music I couldn't get tired to listen to. My hotel room was cold, empty, and quiet. Even the king sized bed couldn't seduce me enough to rest my body and mind; not when my heart was aching for a certain place. A certain someone I referred to as home.

It was my sixth day in Paris, and I was next to dying of homesick.

Due to the unemployment of that Marketing Manager, I was positioned as the temporary manager. My stay that was originally settled for three days was prolonged until a week. To worsened the stay, I had a whole bunch of paper to revise and approve which was stressing me out. Not to mention the meetings I still had to attend as the future President of MC.

Good thing Mina was there. My temporary secretary was the only person keeping me sane in Paris, and I was grateful for her presence. She treated me like a friend without losing respect and crossing any boundaries.

It was already past midnight, but I wasn't asleep yet. Instead of laying comfortably, tucked under the thick, warm blanket on the king sized bed, I sat on the chaise lounge with a sketchbook on my lap.

Drawing, personally for me, was a simple getaway I could rely on whenever I needed to get my mind off of stressful things. Drawing came naturally to me, I didn't have to think assiduously to create perspectives and figures. It was like my hands followed whatever my brain commanded to without any difficulties.

For the last two hours, all I'd been doing was filling the empty pages of the sketchbook. I drew landscapes, buildings I saw in Paris, scenes I photographed, and finally, I was working on my favorite subject.

I smiled faintly at the almost finished sketch of Jennie.

Her eyes squinted up, nose scrunched cutely, and that adorable gummy smile of hers on her lips. It was my most favorite view of her, which I thought looked the best on her: happiness.

Tomorrow I was flying back to Busan, and after a whole week contacting only through the phone, I could meet her in person. Perhaps that was also the reason I couldn't sleep at the moment, I was too impatient to reach tomorrow so I could fly back home.

Twenty minutes later, I was already finished on Jennie's sketch. I was satisfied at how it turned out, even though it wasn't (and could never be) as beautiful as the muse. At the back of the page, I wrote a note to explain the sketch in front of it.

"The woman whom my heart belongs in this universe and every other where we exist."

Closing the sketchbook, I approached the bed and tried to get some rest.

/THIRD PERSON POV/

Lisa arrived about ten minutes before the clock stroke 8 AM with two cups of coffee in hands. The brunette secretary slightly looked up from her work at the sound of the door closing.