Deal Or No Deal

"I feel like I'm going crazy. I'm totally paranoid all the time." Elena stated as her, Bonnie and I sat at a table in the Grill.

"You have a right to be. Klaus is still out there and he knows that you tried to kill him." Bonnie replied with a shrug and I sighed, sitting back in my seat.

"Why hasn't he made a move then?" I asked with a small shrug. "It's like he went on a vacation after he killed Mikael. Which, is clearly driving her mad." I added, gesturing at Elena who scoffed and ran her hands slowly through her hair.

"Join the club. Every time I close my eyes, I have a nightmare on repeat." Bonnie stated, looking at Elena in reassurance.

"The same dream?" Elena asked, shaking her head and Bonnie nodded in agreement.

"Yeah. Four coffins. Klaus is in one—It's weird." Bonnie stated and I leant forward, raising an eyebrow at her.

"And what if it's not.. just a dream?" I asked, tilting my head at her. "What if it's like a witch dream?" I added with a shrug and Bonnie shook her head.

"It's just stress. I'll figure it out." Bonnie stated, dropping the subject and I slowly nodded back at her. "What about Stefan? Has there been any sign of him?" She added and I looked at Elena who folded her arms over her chest.

"He betrayed us, Bonnie. The Stefan that we know is gone." Elena replied emotionlessly, clearly hurting over it.

"How is Damon handling that?" Bonnie asked, looking over at me and I sighed, sitting back in my chair again.

"Damon is.. Damon." I answered quietly and looked past her and over to the bar where Damon and Alaric sat. Alaric was grading papers in silence while Damon had most of the bar spread out on the counter in front of them. I rose an eyebrow and watched them talk amongst themselves and at the female bartender serving them before they both looked over at me. I watched Alaric sigh before he turned back towards the papers and I furrowed my eyebrows.
~~~

"Jeremy, the minute that you get this, you better call me." I warned in annoyance before I hung up. "Unbelievable." I added, pacing back and forth while Damon threw a dart at the dartboard.

"You're feisty when you're mad." Damon stated, looking at me from over his shoulder and I rolled my eyes at the smirk on his lips.

"It's not that I'm mad—" I started and Damon gave me a doubtful look, making me sigh. "Okay, I'm a little mad—but I'm more worried." I pointed out and put my phone on the table beside me.

"Why? Because he lost his job at the Grill?" Damon asked with a small pout. "He'll survive, Mariana." He added with a shrug before turning towards me fully.

"He's spiraling, Damon. Ever since Bonnie broke up with him, he's moody. He's not really talking to anyone." I informed quietly, thinking it over and Damon sighed, turning back to the dartboard again.

"Just a typical teenager." He stated, thinking nothing of it and I tilted my head at him in annoyance.

"Who sees the ghosts of his dead girlfriend, Damon. Let's be realistic." I countered with a scoff and he sighed, throwing another dart at the board and I watched as it hit the bullseye. Damon walked towards the board and collected his darts before turning back to me. "You okay?" I asked, observing his nonchalant behavior.