[11]

Amara's POV

"Peter! You scared me." I say.

"Forget that. How come you're here?" He asks, almost sounding irritated.

"Uh, I'll give you two a moment." Dina says as she finds another space to stand in a few meters away.

"But—" Dina leaves before I can protest.

"Well?" Peter crosses his arms over his chest.

I smirk. "I might've showed up because Munir had invited me."

"That's not possible because he didn't even come to this party." He says.

"Oh, that's a bummer. I should go home, then." I giggle.

Peter forms his hands into fists, his frustration slowly building up but I couldn't figure out why.

"You show up in a heart beat when Munir calls you but you flat out decline my invitation?" He sounds... frustrated? Upset?

"Peter, relax. I was just messing with you. But why isn't Munir here?" I ask.

"Again with Munir!" He raises his voice.

"Okay... is Rooble here?" I ask.

"Who cares if they're here?" He groans.

"I'm just asking— Are you jealous?" I smirk.

"I might be." He answers a bit too forwardly.

"Awe, that's cute." I try to keep my composure but in reality, I was losing my mind.

My heart's fluttering uncontrollably and I'm close to losing tough with my limbs.

He grabs my wrist and pulls me along with him.

"Peter, where are you taking me?" I ask, a little panicked.

He sighs. "For once, trust me, Amara Mahmoud."

And for some reason, that shut me up. That shouldn't have shut me up but I somehow mentally accepted that he isn't going to do anything shady.

• • •

Beena's POV

I scan the crowd, trying to look for Peter.

"Hey," I hear a voice greet me. "you're Amara's friend, Beena, right?"

It's the one Amara is crushing on. Munir.

He's probably looking for her, how cute, I think to myself.

"Yes, that would be me." I smile. "You're looking for Amara?"

"Uh, not really." He shoves his hands in his jean pockets. "I'm just lost and you're just someone I recognized."

"Oh, I'm pretty lost myself. I can't find Peter or any of my friends." I say.

"Ah, this sucks but at least I found you." He chuckles.

Once I look at him closely, he's actually really handsome. In fact, he's handsome enough to make my heart flutter a little.

He has this naive, secretive vibe to him. Quiet, content and stable.

He's probably too innocent to be my type, to be honest. I'd break him within moments, knowing how dangerous my impulsive behaviour can get.

"You really need to fall for someone who's stable and will love you exclusively and unconditionally."