CH. 5 Rules

Cold. Damp. That's all I feel. Am I drowning?

"Wake up, Violet."

Who the what?

I'm jolted awake by another wave of cold liquid.

"What the fuck!" I screamed, sitting up in my bed and looking around to see none other than West and Kade in my room, with two empty buckets and huge smiles.

The water bucket method... Did they really fucking do this? They used to use it on me when I was little to get me out of my bed in the mornings when I would refuse to get up.

Fucking hated it.

"You two are so screwed," I growled, getting up out of my soaking wet bed, but before I know it- they're already out of my room and running down the stairs.

I threw my now-wet comforter off of me, and raced down the hallway after them, slipping around on the floor in the process.

When I got down the stairs, I realized it was oddly quiet in our loud house.

I peered into the living room, kitchen, and dining room, but nobody was anywhere to be found.

I became paranoid, "Stop hiding like the cowards you guys are, where are y'all!" I screamed to the empty house, cautiously walking around.

Literally crickets.

"West...?" I peeped out, becoming suspicious of this odd behavior, "Kade...?"

Still no answer.

"Uh, anyone?" I shouted a little louder.

When I'm greeted by silence once again, I wander around the rest of the house in confusion.

Then it strikes me...

I know what to do.

"Fuck you!" I pipe up, looking around frantically for a response to my forbidden swear.

"Stop fucking cussing!" I hear West's voice echo through the house.

Ah hah! And the fish takes the bait!

I follow the sound of his voice which leads me to the boy's Man Cave.

Why didn't I think to look in here?

The 'Man Cave' used to be our parents office that since then the boys have renovated into the perfect hangout spot for smoking weed and partying with their friends.

This place stayed as a secret from me for many years— as the boys tried to hide it to shield my innocence and keep me naive from everything they do.

Hypocrites, I know.

I open the door cautiously, awaiting a surprise attack, only to find all of my brothers sat around on the couches, laughing amongst each other.

I walk in, shooting Kade and West a glare, "Finally I found y'all," I say as I cross my arms over my soaking wet chest.

The others look to my direction, noticing my drenched clothing.

"Haha, the water bucket method? Really boys?" Lance laughed to himself, probably reminiscing on the days where he was the one throwing water on them, "Classic."

Kade laughed, kicking his feet up on the coffee table placed in the middle of all the couches, "Well, it sure took her long enough to find us," He said, nudging West to join in on the laughter.

Well two can play this game... I thought.

I narrow my eyes at Kade, "Find it so funny, eh?" I asked as he continued to laugh with West, "Well ya, me too, considering this is the only way either of y'all could get a girl wet," I say smugly, flashing them both a grin.