chapter 2- Scene Of Violence

Ashleigh’s POV

His eyes were a bright shade of luminous green, his hair was black, yet it betrayed his age as grey hair covered the sides. My lips shook as I realized what had happened, and it was all too overwhelming, I was dead I knew I was, I felt the life fade away from me. But now I can feel my heart beat within my chest like a war drum and I took harsh ragged breaths as if my body had been starved of oxygen.  My fingers gripped the man shoulder to the point of leaving marks as he carried me through the city of shadows, in each corner a dark form stood there hiding and waiting. I shivered as my black dress hung off me with the weight of the water I had been immersed in. The mans muscled arms flexed underneath me as he carried me further and further into the shadowed city.

I couldn’t help but to think wasn’t anyone wondering where my body was, but who would wonder about me? My mind was hazy almost drugged. I sighed hard and pulled myself closer to the unknown man, I looked up once again to find his luminous eyes staring at me, my lips shivered as I tried to speech once again, “where am I?” he moved his stare away from me to the streets ahead, “you are at the demons head. It a place where me and my men base our operations.” Him and his men? Who was he? I opened my mouth to utter another question, but suddenly I was silence, “I am Ra’s Al Ghul, leader of the demons head, I am immortal.” I nodded quickly, and looked ahead to see his men prying open two large wooden door which reveal a well lavished room covered in gold and deep greens. I looked intently at the room ahead of us, and as I was just about open my mouth again my answer was given to me, “this will be your home.” As we entered the room the men shut the two large doors.

 Ra’s lowered me onto a silk covered bed; I gently pried my nails out of his skin, which had left bleeding crescent shaped marks. I looked this man up and down to see a muscled body in front of me, I looked around me to see the silk darken due to my soaked black dress, I lifted the dress up between my fingers and stared at the fabric, “did I get buried in this?” I didn’t look away from the dress in my hands as Ra’s lowered himself to the bed, “yes, you did.” His short and brief answers were not enough for me, but if I was granted anything deeper, I don’t think I could handle it. But still I could help thinking about my death and resurrection, “why was I brought back to life?” I looked away from the fabric in my hands to be met with a brooding stare from the immortal, “at this moment in time I cannot give you the answer.” I looked back me with an equally impressive stare, “why can’t you give me the answer?” he grabbed my shoulder forcefully and pinned me against the head board, “because I can’t, understand this.”  He didn’t pull away from me he pinned me there until I understood what he was saying, and I knew perfectly, “I understand.” I said unemotionally.

His hands became gentler as he began to pull them away from my shoulders, “good.” He said looking away from me. He walked over to the other side of the ornate room, and ran his fingers through his hair he sighed, and turned to look back at me. His luminous green eyes enchanted me, almost hypnotised me. This man seemed to belong to myths and legends, I pulled my eyes away from his and looked once again at my soaked body. My hazy mind recalled what happened before my death, but not in great detail. Blood lots of blood, it poured from my side, and there was rain I can remember someone cry a man, a man of great fear. I re-entered this ever grown new reality to see Ra’s sitting beside me, his ablaze green eyes trailed cross my dress covered body and landed once again on my eyes. His silence was unnerving and so where his short brisk answers to my questions. The atmosphere was tense both of us couldn’t deny that. Suddenly the echo of shrieking entered the room, and was welcomed by a name, “Talia.” Ra’s moved off the bed and towards the door, where another shrill shriek came, “where is my father?” Ra’s pushed open the large ornate doors and looked over his shoulder at me, “stay here.” It wasn’t a suggestion it was a warning. Suddenly the dark voice of Ra’s came from the other side of the doors, “go Talia, I will deal with you later.” I head a faint thud against the door, and then a shrill cry, “who is she? Who is the dead girl?” I gasped at the realisation that I had been dead; it still wasn’t clear to me how I was alive again. I pulled myself of the silk covered bed and walked towards the door. My legs trembled as I took small steps, muffled aggressive talks remained on the other side of the door, as I slowly opened the door to see a scene of violence.