know your place, chippie

Waking up.

It became one of the things Jisoo hated the most. She wanted to sink back into the dark void, numb and unheld by the constraints of reality. It was completely quiet in the morning, and Jisoo realized she would rather wake up by the rants of her husband on the phone, or the lawn mower outside, rather welcomed by utter silence. She thought in silence there would be hopeful peace of a new life, but instead it brought her a cursed one.

She sat up with difficulty, a broken human being she was. Feeling the cold sheets, she wrapped it around her body, hoping it could provide her the warmth she craved for. It was a beautiful blue skied day, in contrast of what was inside Jisoo, all cloudy and gray.

When she was about to submit back to dreamland, Grace was knocking on the door.

"Jisoo, breakfast is ready!"

As much as she wanted to have it on her bed, she needed to go to work. She was handling a billion-dollar company, and a death of a husband just doesn't quite make an excuse for a fall of an empire she built. No, not when he betrayed and humiliated her like this. Son of a bitch. She wanted to deny Jennie the comfort of her home, but the executor made sure she stayed with her.

"I'll be down in a bit!" Jisoo huffed in annoyance. She needed sleep.

"Don't make me carry you down to the dining table, young missy!" Jisoo was used to having Grace act like her mother. 16 years, for 16 long years has Grace seen the growth of Jisoo. Grace understood Jisoo was subjected to being temperamental having Jennie living with her.

"Ughhh!" Jisoo slammed the sheets on her bed and went down the stairs for breakfast.

***

Well, such a sight of her eating on the dining table wasn't at all pleasant for Jisoo. It made her nauseous. Jennie was eating her breakfast timidly, putting pieces of her food inside her mouth little by little. Jisoo proceeded to the table with labored breathing, and pulled the chair in front of her. Jennie peered up at her, and dropped her utensils as if they gave off too much heat.

"What are you doing?" Jisoo asked.

The mood now slowly becoming unwelcoming.

"B-breakfast.." Jennie's lips trembled.

"Why are you eating here? Did it not register in your fucking mind this table does not allow itself to be touched by mistresses and dirty women?" They were words, but words that were coated with poison. Jisoo leaned over the table, her eyes bulged. "Grace!"

Grace was running towards her, afraid of what might have happened. "Yes?"

Still not taking her eyes away from Jennie, Jisoo ordered, "Get the foldable plastic chair and table inside the garage, now!" Grace knew it was best to follow her, for Jisoo's mood was slowly deteriorating.

Minutes later, Grace returned with what Jisoo asked for.

"Listen here, Chippie. From now on, you'll eat and sit here. You are not allowed to be on anything inside this house, may it be the sofa or anyshit, but this. You are to carry this with you, or if your ass is lazy enough, ask Grace to carry it for you. Get it?" Jisoo aggressively yanked Jennie out of the dining table and pushed her to the plastic chair, making her tumble a little. Jennie's eyes were burning with tears, but Jisoo didn't notice, nor did she care. Grace sent her a sorry look and helped her carry her plate to her own little table.

Jisoo sat on the chair and scrunched her face. "Great, now the food smells like slut shit. Cook me another batch of breakfast, Grace!"

Definitely not a good morning for all of them.