Cuddles

What's this? An update? Almost three years after I wrote this book? I just rewatched lord of the rings and... I am in love. Again.

...

Rivendell. What a lovely place to stay.

You hadn't thought that you would see it again so soon, but they were having a slight Orc problem. You and Legolas had agreed to help out.

After a long day if battle, you were now resting in a nice bedroom in the west wing. Just because elves didn't need to sleep, didn't mean you couldn't.

Legolas had already dozed off next to you on the bed.

You rolled onto your side, and gently moved a loose strand of hair out of his face. As your hand brushed his shoulder, he rolled over slightly, smothering you in a hug.

You hugged him back, gently planting a kiss on his forehead. Then, you closed your eyes.

...

You were awoken a little later, from shifting beside you. As you stirred, you realised that Legolas was sitting up.

You sat up next to him. "Are you alright,"

"Yes meleth," he replied softly.

"We have not slept for long. You should rest for a few more hours." You lifted a hand to his cheek. It was damp. "Are you crying?" you asked sotly.

"Nay!" Legolas protested, "It is merely... I... "

"What's wrong?" you asked again.

Legolas sighed. "It is trivial. You should go back to sleep,"

The two of you lay back down again. You hugged him close, and Legolas seemed to relax somewhat.

"It was another nightmare, wasn't it?" you asked.

You felt Legolas nod.

"I... if you wish, that is, we could share dreams..." you offered.

"Share dreams? How so?"

You planted another kiss on his forehead. "You forget that I am descended from Tarelda. I have a little magic,"

You focused inwardly, bringing fourth what power you had. Then, you closed your eyes.

You were sitting on a cliff, overlooking a large lake. Legolas was beside you.

"Beautiful, is it not?" you asked.

Legolas nodded. "But how-"

You shrugged. "It is weak magic. Nothing substantial. I can only do it when we are on the brink of sleep,"

Legolas hugged you close. "Thank you," he whispered, "truly you are too good for me,"

You snorted. "I think it's the other way around," you mumbled.

You let your head rest on his shoulder, as you watched the enchanting water ripple far below. It was mesmerising.

...

First off, sorry that was so short. There's only so much I can write about cuddles.

Secondly, if any of you are interested in reading my more recent work (now that I actually understand grammar XD), it's all on Ao3. My username is Ozpin_Lover_MP. I mostly write about RWBY, but there is also some Yuri on Ice, or Star trek. Angst galore of course.

Thank you guys again for all the amazing support; this was the fanfic that really launched me into this crazy world. 10 000 words plus is normal for me now DX.