25 : Scott

"Where to next?" Adrian asks me, putting on his coat.

"I'm too hungry to think. Let's get food."

We hop into a taxi. I notice it start raining. I watch the rain pouring out the window. There's a blur of city lights and signs and roads and colours. Adrian shakes the water from his hair.

"Where's the best restaurants?" Adrian asks the driver.

"Probably on George St, there's a very good Greek restaurant," the driver says.

"You in the mood for octopus?" Adrian teases.

"First you diss my snails, then octopus?" I don't know how I find the energy to joke. "Clearly you're the one with no taste, Adrian."

He smiles. "Alright, Greek it is."

.

.

.

Best. Octopus. Ever.

I've never eaten such tasty tentacles in my life. Highly recommend. Would eat there again. I take the leftovers in containers and put them in my purse. Dinner is sorted.

Despite the scrumptious squid, I can't take away the uneasiness and trepidation in my tum. It's not good. Not good at all.

The taxi stops outside his apartment building. God, the anxiety is killing me.

I really haven't thought this through. What am I going to say to him? How can I even face him again? I hate him. I never want to look at him again, but here I am, about to confront him about my dead best friend. Surely that's going to be a pleasant topic.

We take the lift to his level and walk to 6B. I look at the door. My stomach drops like a broken elevator. I feel my heart beating loudly in my ears, pumping the blood all the way through to my throat.

My suitcases by my side, I check my phone one last time to see if I have the right address. The door swings open before I can pull it out of my pocket.

Scott embraces me with open arms and pulls me into the tightest hug. For once, I'm not feeling the ache of hugging Sylv – I'm not feeling guilty to be held.

I wince, thinking about those cold blue eyes. Those deceitful eyes.

Adrian grabs my hand and turns me around. "You don't need to do this," he says softly.

I'm surprised as his gentleness but his comforting gesture calms me down – slightly. I take a deep breath. "I have to."

I knock.

Moments pass but they feel like decades.

Footsteps. That must be footsteps behind the door.

And then it opens.

The world spins.

I grit my teeth.

I feel heat rise to my cheeks.

I'm so furious.

I focus on my goals. I stop thinking about Scott and I focus on Paige. Paige. Paige. Paige.

His ice blue eyes stare back at me. Cold – not like Sylvs, warm, but cold and frozen.

"Rosie?" the corner of his lips tug into a smile. "I knew you'd be back."

"Not for you," I grumble, "I need to talk to you."

"Well come in, please," he moves from the door and gestures me to come inside.