(Hotel Cortez) James March

"Meet me at the Cortez. No questions asked." I read out loud.

I was a witch. I didn't study with other witches or any of that, I practiced by myself. I taught myself everything.  The year was 2025,  and I had been living in a small apartment in LA for about 75 years. I was lucky, to have this gift of immortality given to me by an old friend, Elizabeth. I met The Countess in 1950, I had just turned 23 and had moved to LA to start my life. I was staying at the Cortez one night when the Countess found me practicing my craft.   I knew something was different about her as soon as she walked into the room. She introduced herself and so did I. We became friends, and she granted me the gift of eternal life in return for my power whenever she called. 

It had been almost 70 years sense we had spoken a word, I truly thought she had forgotten about me. But here I am, standing in front of the Cortez. 

I walked in taking in the sights and smells. It was all the same . It was almost like this hotel was frozen in time, it was truly amazing.  I walked over to the reception desk, an older women was standing there reading a book. I rang the little bell and she looked up at me. 

"Hello, I have a room under (y/n)" I said smiling. The woman just looked at me.

"Come with me." she said huffing and getting off her chair. 

She led me to the elevator and then pressed the top button. We got to the to floor and walked down a hallway to The Countess's room. I took a deep breath and thanked the lady. I rang the door bell and waited for someone to open the door. i gripped my bag tight when I heard footsteps getting closer. 

The door opened and there she stood in all her beauty. 

"Elizabeth!" I said softly tears coming to my eyes. 

She hugged me tight and took my bag from me.

"Come in darling. We have much t talk about."  she said letting me go and setting my bag in a chair. 

I walked in and sat down next to her on the couch.

We talked of many things , like how our lives have been. She told me what James had done to her and how she would never forgive him. 

"I would like you to buy this hotel." she said holding both of my hands. 

"I can't do that! Do yo know how expensive that would be! I have no money to do that!" I said holding my head. I wanted to help her but i just couldn't. 

"Don't worrie about the money, Ill deal all of that out. When the time comes, all I will need of you is your signature." she said holding my hands. 

I sighed, "Alright. i trust you" I said standing up.  

"Now, go get yourself a room, and I will talk with you more about this later." she said walking me to the door.  

I nodded and hugged her goodbye.

I walked to the elevator and went down to the first floor. I walked back over to reception and asked for a room. The lady handed me a key to room 64 and I was on my way. 

When i got there the door was already cracked open. I walked in and looked around. It looked vacant, so I made myself at home.  I decided to take a shower, so I got my clothes and ent to the bathroom. 

When i got out, I heard someone taking in my room. I got dressed quickly and peeked out of the door.

"I said, do NOT bother her James. The last thing we need is you messing something else up." I heard Elizabeth say. There was a man standing in front of The Countess, he was dressed in all black. I walked out into my room.

"Whats going on." I said looking at the two arguing in my room. They both stopped and stared at me. 

"Ah! Hello darling, you must be (y/n). My names is James. James March" The man said taking my hand and kissing it. Elizabeth rolled her eyes. 

"Y-yes and what are you two doing in my room?" I said trying not to focus on James's eyes staring me down. 

"Well, this is my room dear! It has been sense 1925!" James said throwing one arm in the air looking around the room. 

"Don't be silly James. Leave her alone and get. Out." Elisabeth said snarling at James.

"Hey, it's alright Elisabeth, I can always have another room. I'm sorry for intruding." I said walking over to my bedside table and gathering my things. I then felt a hand on mine and a back pressed against me. I slowly turned around to see James standing there staring at me.

"Don't worrie about it dear, Ill leave." he said slowly letting go of my hand.

He took a step back and then winked before disappearing into thin air. 

I gasped and looked around. 

"What?!" I said looking at The Countess who was rubbing her temples.

"Stay away from that man (y/n). I'm warning you." she said before leaving the room leaving me confused.

'What is going on here?' I thought to myself as I sat on my bed. 

AN

OKAY THIS SUCKS I'M SO SORRY! I had a really hard time writing this ajbbdobao i'm sorry. 

-🍃