Chapter 25: Double Trouble

Song Quote: Flowers
"Every day you want me to make
Something I hate all for your sake
I'm such a fake, I'm just a doll
I'm a rip-off and it turns you on"
~~~

Your Pov:
Pressing your head against the wooden door you listened for footsteps. The creaking of the floorboards grew distant as the young boys walked past your hiding spot. The halls grew quiet as you assumed they regrouped somewhere else.

You left your hiding spot in the storage closet sneaking down the hallway looking for the captured ninja and Lloyd.

~~~

Third Person's Pov:
Zane opened the small hatch on his arm flipping some switches.
"Battering ram activated" A robotic version of Zane's voice stated as the ice ninja's body stiffened.

The other three ninja picked him up sideways as they slammed the nindroid's metal head against the door. The wood didn't budge under the pressure.

"Argh, we're never gonna open that door" Kai hissed "I hope they haven't turned Lloyd, I don't think things can get much worse." They let go of Zane letting the ice ninja get back to his feet.

"Look, don't worry guys, I told Nya I'd meet her at the auto body shop and since I'm punctual, if I'm even one second late she's gonna suspect something is wrong" Jay reassured with wholehearted faith for the girl in red.

The four jumped as they heard the door handle jiggle and jam from the other side. "Is that you guys?" (Y/n)'s voice called from the other side.

"(Y/n)!" The four exclaimed perking up from her presence.

"Can you see if you can open this door?" Kai asked the girl urgently as she tried opening the door from her side.

"Is Lloyd with you?" she inquired having not heard from the young green ninja that has yet to be found.

"No, he's with the other kids" Cole replied to her as she tried kicking down the door.

"Probably trying to teach him bad habits" Kai hissed pessimistically.

"Please (Y/n) we need to get out of here" Jay pleaded to the girl as he looked through the small window on the wooden door.

She let out a grunt beating down the stiff and hardened wood "Working on it" (Y/n) hissed snapping at them.

The four couldn't sit idly by. They grabbed a large ruler wedging it between the door in an effort to pry it open. This is one evil door. The four heaved with all of their strength as pressure built up on the wood.

The ruler finally gave snapping in half with one piece still wedged in the door.

The fire ninja let out a sigh of frustration as he paced around. "If we don't get out, they're going to brainwash Lloyd and undo all of the lessons we tried to teach him."

"Not to mention never taste cake again!" Cole retorted with just as much urgency in his tone.

(Y/n) let out a huff kicking the door spooking the ninja. "Lloyd is smarter than that. He won't fall for their mind games and he knows right from wrong" she hissed defending the young green ninja.

Zane turned his attention to the teachers "How well do you and the teachers know this building?" He inquired testing a hypothesis in his database.

"We barely know it at all, actually we're new. The old teachers were highly committed to teaching evil and quit in protest when the school went good." The principal explained shrugging his shoulders helplessly.