Chapter 29

Taehyung POV - 24 hours later

"Hyung, have you heard anything from Soon-ja yet?" Jungkook asked, peering over from the opposite couch.

Taehyung sighed, running his hands through his hair as he shook his head.

Soon-ja had reassured the boys that if she heard anything from Y/N, she would call them at their hotel straight away.

Sticking true to her promise, she actually did.

Late last night she called to say that Y/N wasn't picking up her phone when she tried to reach her and she was also starting to get really worried.

This is ridiculous

She couldn't really be abandoning all of us, right?

Feeling the weight shift in the couch he was sat on, his thoughts were quickly interrupted.

"I got another message from Y/N-bot, apparently she's gone to Busan with her mysterious non-existant friend" Jimin suddenly interjected, joining the boys on the couches.

"She sent the same message to me, along with a insincere 'sorry dear'" Taehyung grumbled back, tossing his phone onto the table so he could crash into Jimin's shoulder.

"Does her "friend" even have a name?" Jungkook asked, shaking his head as he stood up to pace in front of the boys.

"I know we didn't meet her that long ago but I really don't want to lose her... I just can't understand why she's acting like this all of a sudden" Jimin whined, bringing his legs up so he could wrap his arms around them.

"Why don't you guys go ask that hotel manager lady?"

Taehyung whipped his head up at the deep sound of his leaders voice, having not noticed his arrival.

"Ah- Hyung, you're back from the meeting already?" He piped up, straightening himself in his seat.

"Yeah it was super quick, no biggie. Anyways I saw the manager in the lobby when I was coming up. She seemed to know Y/N pretty well at that festival, you could try asking her?" He offered again, smiling at the three moping boys before disappearing into one of the bedrooms.

The three boys exchanged looks, all waiting for someone to speak up.

"It's worth a shot..?" Jungkook squeaked out.

The glimmer of hope in the maknae's eyes prompted Taehyung to stand up, dragging Jimin up with him as he immediately made his way for the front door.

"Come on then, lets hurry" He rushed out, making his way to the elevator shadowed by his two friends.

When the boys reached the lobby they made a b-line for the front desk, Jungkook dinging the bell as Taehyung readied himself for the inevitably awkward interaction.

Hyun-joo poked her head out of the door behind the desk, a smile quickly spreading across her heavily botoxed face as she realized who caused the disturbance.

"Ah hello boys!" She sang, slithering out of the door to saunter towards them, "How can I help you wonderful handsome men today?"

Taehyung had to physically stop himself from gagging out loud at her poorly hidden flirting.

"We were just wondering if you've seen Y/N recently" Jimin spoke up first, flashing his scrunched up smile in a fool-proof attempt to charm the old hag.

The question must have taken her off guard because Taehyung could have sworn he saw anger flash behind her eyes just before she answered.

"Oh! Y/N... hmm.. no I don't think so!" She replied, leaning onto the table towards Jimin.