Chapter 30

Taehyung POV

"I knew it! I knew something was up with her!" Jimin exclaimed, throwing his hands in the air.

The boys had rushed back to the hotel room, gathering all the other members to convene in the living room.

"The way she held that contest to find the Jeju mermaid... you don't think she..?"

Jungkook's soft spoken question made Taehyung's stomach churn.

The thought of that old hag having something to do with Y/N disappearing suddenly making him want to hurl.

"The letter, the phone, I mean..." Namjoon whispered out, clearly as scared to say it as Jungkook was.

"You do realize what you guys are saying right?" Jin questioned, eyes flickering between the gazes of all the boys.

"Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if she was the one that sent those divers after Y/N." Jimin grumbled, crossing his arms over his chest.

"Divers?"

"It's a long story Hyung"

"Guys I can't just sit here and wonder. I need to do something, even if that means humiliating myself finding out I was wrong" Taehyung finally spoke up, getting to his feet so he could pace around the room.

"Accusing someone of kidnapping is a pretty serious accusation Tae, I don't think you understand jus-"

"I DO UNDERSTAND!" Taehyung snapped back at Yoongi, narrowing his eyes dangerously.

"But how could I live with myself if my suspicions were right all along and I did nothing about it? I couldn't care less about myself or the repercussions right now! I just need to know she's okay!"

Yoongi bit his lip from saying anything more, shrugging his shoulders in defeat at the outburst.

"Look... if you're serious about this we need to come up with a plan." Namjoon said softly, ushering for Taehyung to sit back down.

The boy hesitated at first, the comfort of pacing keeping him focused. But Namjoon's authoritative stare made him give in.

"Joon what if she did take her... what if Y/N's hurt or trapped somewhere?" Jimin whispered out, his voice shaky as if he was really starting to believe it.

"We call the police" Jungkook offered.

"Are you kidding? She's a mermaid, that's the last thing we need! Someone else finding out about her!"

"Jimin's right, we can't call the police. We don't have enough evidence against that old hag and I don't think Y/N wants to end up in a science testing facility."

Taehyung watched as Namjoon grabbed his laptop off the coffee table, flipping it open and pressing the power button.

"Well if not the police then who? Us?!" Jin asked incredulously.

"I'm in" Taehyung piped up, not a second of hesitation.

"Me too" Jimin rushed out.