【六十九】 protective ‣ pt. 3

"earth to dayoung," renjun snapped his fingers

"earth to dayoung," renjun snapped his fingers. "hello?"

the girl was sat on the sofa, typing away on her phone — something she didn't do often. she looked up at the older boy and hummed.

"you've been on your phone ever since you finished your homework. what are you doing?"

yingyue shook her head and nonchalantly waved her hand. "nothing, i'm just talking to a friend."

renjun opened his mouth to say something but before he could, the front door was pushed open.

"i'm here to take haechan and yin back to the other dorm," mark announced, staying in the doorway so he didn't have to take off his shoes.

"coming!"

yingyue rushed to get her school backpack and hugged the dream members, waving goodbye as she took off with haechan following behind.

the car ride was silent, the three of them slightly exhausted, but yingyue seemed to be immersed in her cell phone. mark tried to subtly lean over and peek at what she was doing only to result in him almost getting caught and playing it off by yawning and stretching.

"is doyoung up?" yingyue asked, absentmindedly speaking in english.

mark glanced at her and nodded. "i think so. why?"

"i just need to ask him something."

when they arrived at the dorm, mark offered to carry yingyue's bag, and he did after a lot of protesting from the younger.

their home was quite lively as they stepped inside. they could hear yuta and jungwoo playing games in the living room downstairs, shouting at each other.

"i'll take my bag to my room then look for doyoung," yingyue told mark. "thanks, oppa!"

before he could reply, she was already rushing to her room. she quickly dropped her bag on her bed and went searching for doyoung, whom she found laying in his room.

upon hearing a knock on the doorframe, doyoung looked up from his phone and saw their youngest standing there.

"when did you get back?" he sat up and made room on the bed for her.