Chapter 36: The Wardrobe Seems Possessed

I do not own Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban or the Percy Jackson series/characters.

Quotes from book

Spells

Mind Talking between Familiar/Bonded

Because the wound had been given from a magical animal, Harry was going to have a scar when the wound had been healed magically. It didn't exactly mind because if it healed the Mundane way, it still would've left a scar.

Which meant that there was a long scratch from the elbow to just a little above his wrist from where Buckbeak had managed to land the hit. Harry didn't blame the beast for the new scar on him.

From that point, and a small blood replenisher, Harry continued with the rest of his classes for that day. Including a class with the first year students for DADA with Professor Lupin seeming also enthralled with Harry's teaching from his own desk, he had his first Ancient Runes class, and finally had his first Mastery Class with Madam Pomfrey where she set a guideline of what she would like to accomplish this year.

By Thursday his normal routine of classes had been slightly more interesting as he had his first DADA lesson with Professor Lupin himself. He had heard from Cedric that the class was nothing like Lockhart's or Quirrel's which gave Harry some hope that he wouldn't have to Self Study the class again.

He had taken them toward the staffroom where an old wardrobe was.

As Professor Lupin went to stand next to it, the wardrobe gave a sudden wobble, banging off the wall.

"Nothing to worry about," said Professor Lupin calmly because a few people had jumped backward in alarm. "There's a boggart in there."

Most people seemed to feel that this was something to worry about. Neville gave Professor Lupin a look of pure terror, and Draco eyed the now rattling doorknob apprehensively.

"Boggarts like dark, enclosed spaces," said Professor Lupin. "Wardrobes, the gap beneath beds, the cupboards under sinks — I've even met one that had lodged itself in a grandfather clock. This one moved in yesterday afternoon, and I asked the headmaster if the staff would leave it to give my third years some practice.  So, the first question we must ask ourselves is, what is a bog- gart?" (- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban Page 133)

Harry ignored Daphne's answer about how it's a shape-shifter and takes whatever shape that most frightens a person as he stared calculating at the door.

He wondered for a second what the answer would be, it wouldn't be Voldemort, he had no reason to fear Tom, maybe young Tom? No, that didn't sound right. His uncle? Maybe, but after living with his father for so long he didn't fear his uncle, aunt, or cousin anymore. So what would his fear be?

"Couldn't have put it better myself," said Professor Lupin. "So the boggart sitting in the darkness within has not yet assumed a form. He does not yet know what will frighten the person on the other side of the door. Nobody knows what a boggart looks like when he is alone, but when I let him out, he will immediately become whatever each of us most fears.

"This means," said Professor Lupin, choosing to ignore Neville's small sputter of terror, "that we have a huge advantage over the boggart before we begin. Have you spotted it, Harry?" (- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban Page 133) 

Harry answered without much hesitation, "Because there are so many of us, the boggart may get confused on whose fear to choose."

"Precisely," said Professor Lupin, "It's always best to have company when you're dealing with a boggart. He becomes confused. Which should he become, a headless corpse or a flesh-eating slug? I once saw a boggart make that very mistake — tried to frighten two people at once and turned himself into half a slug. Not remotely frightening.