|32|

"Mine's tastier!"

"Aniya! Mine is! We just burnt it earlier!"

"Jisoo noona! Hyung Jin is saying something about the burnt cookies!"

"Yah! I didn't say it like that! It's not her fault she's not good in baking it!"

Jisoo faked a hurtful expression towards the two boys comparing the cookies they've made. "Are you blaming me?!"

"Aniyo!"

"Don't believe him, noona. He was complaining earlier."

"Yah Jong Seob-ah! I told you I'm not blaming noona for burning the cookies because she's not good at baking or cooking!"

"I seriously don't know if that should comfort me or that's just pouring salt on the wound." Jisoo shook her head and made crying faces that the little girls around her giggled about.

The children in the orphanage were more than prepared and the place was already busting with Christmas decorations that there were just no need for her to give an input. Other than the presents for each person in the room that she already placed under the tree. There were a few added little children bobbing their heads to her arrival, about three of them, and she was glad she thought enough to buy extra presents for them. The colorful socks were hanging on the window sill instead of the inexistent fireplaces that Jisoo was sure she'd be filling up later when everyone's asleep. Or at least when the little ones aren't loud and too excited for Christmas.

The old woman, Sae Ra, and the other helper in the orphanage who knew her too well, welcomed her in big hugs that were too warm. Jisoo was indeed wearing new clothes, thick ones that actually kept her from gritting her teeth, and the others felt quite glad. She looked well taken care of and she quickly denied the idea of her buying the expensive clothes that were recently given to her.

Jennie has crossed her mind a lot, as if she hadn't been on Jisoo's mind more so than she could count, but she never saw the younger girl when she left the mansion. She couldn't even confront her about the very expensive and extravagant things given. Nor could Jisoo even personally say thank you for the other girl was gone before Jisoo left.

She sent some text message for Jennie that still wasn't replied to until after hours of arriving to the orphanage. When she kept being MIA, Jisoo was assured by Hyewon that the young mistress came back from somewhere she didn't dare to ask about and just locked herself to her room. She sent another message asking how she was and promptly thanking Jennie for all the thought and presents before going to sleep last night. Then Jisoo woke up with a simple 'You're welcome.' in the morning and nothing else that didn't exactly opened up for another conversation.

"Unnie, which do you think is better? A prince charming or a dark knight?"

Jisoo smiled at the little girl who was quickly warming up to her. Her name was Hara and she has chubby cheeks though she has a small frame. "That depends. Which one do you like?"

"Isn't the prince charming better for a princess?"

"Then what about the dark knight?" Jisoo asked Eun Ji who just offered her opinion. "Why would you think the other one's better?"

"Because the prince charming has a good face and really nice attitude. While the dark knight can be all brooding in the corner and shadows. It's scary and creepy."

"But isn't the dark knight always trying to protect the princess? Isn't that how fairy tales go? He saves the princess and then that's when the prince charming come along as if he did all the work with the saving."