8- Last Days of Summer (Part 1)

Phoenix's POV~

It was the last few days of what humans call 'summer.' Andy and Tyler were planning on what they were going to do before they go back to increase their education further. We were looking at places to help them. They decided to do this by themselves and not have any of their other friends go. Mainly because we wanted to look after them. Aberforth then says "How about we go to a nearby beach?" I nearly scowl at the idea of going. A place completely against my element. Tyler and Andy both shout "That's a good idea!" Aberforth puts his hands on his hips, sticking out his chest as if he just did something amazing. I make a "Tch" sound and no one noticed. Except Vernon. Vernon then says "It looks like they've already made up their mind. You think you can handle going?" I smile and say "Yeah, it should be fine. It's for Andy and Tyler. They should have their fun." Vernon smiles and just shrugs his shoulders. So it was decided that we're going to my hell. The beach. Andy starts to get his stuff ready and Tyler leaves to get his stuff together. I was happy because tonight was my night to sleep with Andy. However, whatever tomorrow brings is a different story. Us spirits don't really need sleep, but we sometimes like to. The others usually stay up and watch over the house or go out to train themselves. We need to protect Andy if a demon or fallen angel tries to attack him. Anyway, Andy go his stuff together and we both go to his bedroom. He lays down in his bed and I lay beside him. I pull him towards me, his back against my front. I nuzzle into his neck a bit and say "I'll protect you." After that, we fell asleep.

Andy's POV~

I wake up in the morning with Phoenix's arms wrapped around me. I try to get out of his grasp, but he just holds me tighter. I sigh and manage to slip my way out, rather than full on pulling myself out. I look at all my beach stuff and see if everything is in order. Once I made sure everything was, I head out to make breakfast, but see Vernon there instead. He looks at me and says "Morning Andy. Sleep well?" I nod my head and ask "You can cook too?" He nods his head and says "I'm pretty good with cooking, however I try to ignore the heat of the flame. That's the thing that worries me." I nod my head and ask "Are you all really strict about things that are against your element?" He nods and says "Aberforth doesn't like being out of the water too long. Especially in a forest area. I don't like being too close to a fire. Anvindr doesn't it when no breeze is present, so he makes one. Phoenix hates being near water. And Sirius. Well, we don't exactly know what he hates. We know he has an enemy, but none of us know who that enemy is." I nod and ask "Have you asked him?" He shakes his head and says "We try to avoid talking about our enemies." I nod my head and ask "Do you all have enemies? I mean, wouldn't you all hate each other?" He laughs while setting the food on the plate and says "Yes, we do. We don't fight each other because we're some of the Spirits of Nature. We get along well, but some of us do have a rivalry. Anvindr and Aberforth are an example." I nod my head. I start to eat my food and see Aberforth and the others come back from a teleportation hole. I then ask "What'd you guys do?" They all answered "Just training ourselves." I nod my head and see Phoenix come into the room. He yawns and wraps his arms around my neck from behind. He then asks "Sleep well?" I nod my head and he licks and nuzzles my cheek and says "That's good." Soon, Tyler shows up and asks "Andy, furry friends, ready to go?" I nod my and the spirits just look at Tyler with a slight head tilt and ask out loud "Furry friends?" I just tell them to not listen to him. I then think "How are we supposed to fit everyone in the truck?" Tyler then thinks and says "They could sit in the back, it's not like anyone can see them." I nod my head. Vernon then says "I call dibs on sitting with Andy!" This soon broke out into an argument. Tyler then says "You have five furry spirits fighting over you. Happy yet?" I rolled my eyes and said "Enough!" They all stop and I say "I think I'll choose Vernon and Phoenix." The others just sigh and shrug. We all go out to the truck and get ready to head to the beach. It was about an hour drive and Vernon and Phoenix were having their fun hugging me close to them. Once we got there, all of us went out of the truck and onto the beach. I look and see that Phoenix didn't move at all. While the rest make their way to the beach, I ran back to Phoenix and asked "Aren't you going to come?" He then says "I hate being near water." I then remember Vernon telling me that earlier today. I then say with a hint of guilt "I'm sorry. I forgot to take your element into choosing where we'd go." He smiles at me and says "If you look sad like that, I guess I have to go." I then say "'No! You don't have to. I understand you hate water, so if you want, I can take you somewhere personally! A place you'll have fun." He laughs and says "Your offer is enticing, but I don't think the others would appreciate it that much." I nod my head sadly and he says "I'll bare it just for today. But next time, be more aware of where we're going." I nod my head and he hugs me tightly. He picks me up bridal style, leaving me with a slight blush on my face. He walks over to the towel and umbrella that Tyler sat down. He sits down underneath it and holds me close to him. He then says " I should be fine right here. Don't worry, go have fun." I shake my head and say "I'll stay here for a bit." Phoenix laughs a little and says "Okay." He holds me close to him again and I remembered something. "I've been meaning to ask this for awhile, but since you can't bathe in water, does it burn to bathe in lava?" He then says to me "Because my elemental is fire, lava is just like warm water to me." He then chuckles and asks "You want to bathe with me some time?" I give him a 'You're insane' look and say "I'D DIE." He then says "Not with my fire protection spell." I then say "For one, wouldn't that be Aberforth's spell? And two, can you really do that?" He nods and says "Aberforth's spell would be swimming speed and drowning protection. Mine is making things fireproof and heat resistance. If it was a hot day, you wouldn't be affected too much by the heat." I nod and ask "Will it hurt?" He then says to me "Fireproof doesn't hurt one bit. It simply makes lava become what human's call 'A Jaccuzi.' Or hot tub. So it won't hurt all that bad." I nod and ask "Will I get burns afterward?" He shakes his head and said "It'll treat lava as if it were water." I nod my head and stay with him for a bit. Mostly making him happy by nuzzling into him. After awhile, Tyler calls me and asks "Hey! How long are you going to stay with Mr. Coyote? I'm waiting to having some fun!" I then say "I'll be right over." I then say to Phoenix "I'm sorry, but I have to make sure that the others are happy too." He chuckles and says "I understand." He hugs me tightly and kisses my cheek and says "Thank you for staying with me." I nod my head and go out to play.