Chapter 7

Memories from Isla and Harry's time together in their safe haven are plastered in the sky like faded watercolor paintings in an abandoned museum. A sweet memory of a beautiful moment, but weathered from the trouble surrounding it. Kisses left behind on virgin skin. The touch of fingertips lingering on goosebumps even after their hands have been lifted.

Their time together seemed other-worldly, as though in that moment they existed on their own separate, heaven-like planet, the canons and gunfire blasted from the earth below them. The chaos heard in the distance through the nights were mere observations for the beings in the sky. A spectator sport for the empathetic angels as they wished they could do more to help but simply couldn't for the sake of their own survival.

They had remained hidden in their shack for days on end but this was the first time the days bled together. The first time the hours ticked by in rapid succession. The first time they managed to find a distraction blissful enough that they embraced their own naivety and remained ignorant of the violent world around them.

"It's been almost a week," Harry breaks the sexually-intense silence. "I think we're okay to head back to camp."

They both lay naked, Bennett's squawking at the far corner of the shack. He didn't like the new sounds from the nights prior.

"Okay," Isla responds. She looks at a pile of clothes at her feet. Shredded material, ripped apart by their new found lust. "I don't have much to wear back."

Harry is ravenous with desire. Their interactions were so innocent at first but once the seal was broken, they couldn't help themselves. Like two fighting tigers. He couldn't help but scratch her clavicle and tug at the loosely woven top which already barely covered the bits of her he wanted nothing more than to kiss for eternity.

"Harry, I just made this," Isla notes, her expression half disappointed and half excited at the sight of the broken straps of her top.

"And who will see if we step out naked, Isla." Harry gets a devilish grin on his face. Their skin is hot with friction and need. "This is our Garden of Eden. No one's here. Once it's over, we can still sleep knowing that your beautiful," he kisses her bare shoulder and then crook of her neck, "body will stay hidden."

"From everyone but you of course." Isla pounces on him for another roll in the sand.

Harry grabs the ends of her long hair and places them over her breasts, the backs of his hands gently pressing past her nipples. Isla closes her eyes to soak in the brief sensation.

"C'mon, Eve," Harry says smiling. "Nothin' to be shy about. Just me." Bennett squawks loudly and dances on his perch. "And you too, Benny!"

 "And you too, Benny!"