Chapter 8: Bumblebee or ladybug? Part 1: surprises!

*Blake pov*

"... Then maybe you could take me out again? Without your sister. "

Ruby:" it's a date then, Blake."

I thought of what she said two days ago. Today when I woke up I had the sudden need to see that Blacksmith girl. I hoped I was not creepy by visiting her so soon. ' no it's fine that's what friends do. I think. ' Do friends asked each other out on a date? Suddenly I realised I did not know where was I going. Yang or Ruby didn't say what was their shop name was or where was their shop.

Since it was early there was really less people on the street. Thanks God i was manged to pass by one.  I stopped him to ask for direction.

"Excuse me sir. Where can I find a blacksmith here?"

Unknow man:" Well there is plenty of blacksmith but if you want the best weapon or armor you should go to 'The Xiao Long Rose crafts' they sell the best weapon and armor in vale.  They maybe be the best in reamant. People travel far just to have their weapons made by the Rose crafter. "

'Rose crafter huh? This person had the same surname as Ruby.  Maybe it could be her. '

"Is the Rose crafter a woman?she had black hair with red tip at the end and had sliver eyes?"

Unknow man:" Yes. I am surprised that you seem to know the rose crafter. First timers told the rose crafter was a male."

I thanked him and headed to the direction that he pointed. He told me It might not be open but I just wanted to see the shop. So next time I know where to go.

When I reached there I didn't expect it to be open there were light in the shop. 'do Ruby open the shop 24/7?'  It was pretty early the sun just raised. From the window i saw Ruby had her head down on the countertop. She looked like she was sleeping. I entered in and when I came closer, she was indeed asleep. She was snoring cutely that made me smiled. ' that's adorable...' I was about to reached out to wake her up when suddenly I saw a red blade came into my view. I move back, barely Dodging the slash. Next thing i knew I was pin on the ground with a blade hovered over my neck.

Instead of seeing Ruby I saw a half mask man. Not just any man but a Faunus. It was Adam. I suddenly felt shiver running through my spine.

Adam:"How.........you.....this.....Blake. "

Ruby:" Blake!?"

I blinked my tears away. Tears that was flowing  without me knowing. Ruby dropped her blade and hugged me.

Ruby:" I'm sorry I'm sorry! I don't mean to scared you like this! "

I hugged her back as I pushed us into a sitting position. I patted her back.

"No no I'm fine you just scared me. S... So.  Do you normally open this early?? I mean I heard from the locals that you don't open so early. "

Ruby got up and sighed. She put her sword back before heading back to the paper filled counter. I followed her and picked up one of the paper. 'it is a rapier. ' I picked up another one. It was another rapier but a different design.  Ruby yawned and stenched.

Ruby:" this is my lastest work. My customer request to make her a rapier. I never made rapier before so I decided to take it up as a challenge. I drew a few designs for a rapier. What do you think? "

I looked through all the design,  I was no master in weapon making but I could tell this designs were brilliant. Made by a true master. 

"Wow all this are amazing ! You must have spend weeks creating this. "